PDA

View Full Version : Settling in

sprinkles
14-08-2013, 08:08 AM
I've got my first mindee doing settling in tomorrow and Friday. He is 7 months old. What sort of activities can I have set up for him? I'm not sure how long mum will stay but I don't want to feel like I'm being watched so want to have a few things prepared for him.

I've got the usual rattles, soft toys etc and also an activity station, walker and one of those newborn to toddler rocking chairs so plenty places to put him.

charlottenash
14-08-2013, 08:27 AM
A few touch and feel books out, but it sounds like you've got the right toys out. Not a lot more you can do for a 7 month old.

sprinkles
14-08-2013, 08:30 AM
A few touch and feel books out, but it sounds like you've got the right toys out. Not a lot more you can do for a 7 month old.

Thanks! I thought so but didn't want mum to think I wasn't going to do much with him! Not a lot you can do in 2 hours either so think I'll just get lot of toys out for him.

kellyskidz!
14-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Yes don't overwhelm him or mum lol, but having some 'back ups' like wooden blocks or musical toys in case he isn't interested in the first things you put out might help, just don't plonk them all down at once.
I always take babies on a 'tour' on their first day, I walk through the house with them and the sleep room and garden so its familiar to them, older ones just explore themselves but I've always walked babies round xx