PDA

View Full Version : 2 jobs in one day!

venus89
11-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Well the mum came to see me yestaerday - awwww, she was so lovely, and the little boy is incredibly adorable - blonde hair, brown eyes and a cheeky grin. He starts in September and I'm really chuffed because they are such nice people :clapping:

As well as that Lapland UK wrote to me yeaterday asking if I want to work there again this year :clapping: Oh yes I do!!

We had a very lovely bottle of bubbly last night - 2nd this week as my husband got offered a new job on Monday too :D

ajs
11-07-2008, 10:31 AM
WELL done to you both
now tell me more about lapland uk

venus89
11-07-2008, 10:38 AM

Lapland UK is the cheaper, greener way to take your child to 'Lapland'. last year it was set in Bedgebury pinetum and was truly stunning. They have fake snow (the stuff they use in movies, which is kind of like foam) which pumps into the place and all the trees are covered with it. You get to decorate gingerbread men in the gingerbread cottage, make toys in the toy facotry, have traditional stories from Saammii storytellers in litle tents, andsee huskies and reindeer. Then each child goes to Father Christmas who knows things like their pets names and what their hobbies are, and gives them presents. And this year they're having an ice skating rink too.

I was an elf last year, great fun :laughing:

http://www.laplanduk.co.uk/

Pedagog
11-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Well done both of you.

aly
11-07-2008, 10:50 AM
wow that looks fab

ive always said i want to take my lot to lapland..think i see a few nights away coming up this christmas :laughing:

thanks for sharing

charleyfarley
11-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Wow that looks great

Well done to both of you :clapping: :clapping:

Carol xx

venus89
11-07-2008, 12:10 PM
wow that looks fab

ive always said i want to take my lot to lapland..think i see a few nights away coming up this christmas :laughing:

thanks for sharing

There were loads of people from Wales there last year :D Let me know if you're coming and I'll look out for you if I'm elfing!!
On a serious note, thetickets will be sold out within a couple of hours of going on sale so they're very hard to get hold of. I really wanted to take my kids last year and couldn't get the tickets :(

katickles
11-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Wow - well done to you both.

Lapland uk looks fabby!! Never heard of it before, will definatly keep my eyes open for something on that.

Thanks for letting us know

:)

miffy
11-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Congratulations to you and hubby!

I'd never heard of Lapland UK either but it looks fantastic - shame my children are grown up!

miffy xx

venus89
11-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Also check out http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6367819607 which has loads of photos of from an elf-eye view!