PDA

View Full Version : Could cry right now!!!!

13-08-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one but I am currently feeling absolutely exhausted!! I'm not sure if its the fact that I have been looking after 6/7 kids during the summer hols or that I am actually sickening for something :(. I just feel completely drained and could cry as all I want to do is go to bed! The only saving grace is that I have my vacation on Monday for 2 weeks....the next few days are going to b a killer though :(

watgem
13-08-2013, 04:15 PM
same here newbie, am really struggling to keep on top of all the paperwork, the house looks like a bombs hit it and feeling really depressed about the future of childminding right now...sending hugs, enjoy your holiday I'm off next week too so hoping we will feel better after that:)

Chatterbox Childcare
13-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Think we are all the same ):

Get some fresh air tomorrow, wipe them out and put a dvd on and have a rest in the pm

JCrakers
13-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Summer holidays always wipe me out and Ive not had half as many children this year. Chin up and look forward to that holiday, sounds like you deserve it :D

Ive already had mine....boo..hoo..so have to wait for Xmas until my next break :crying:

kellyskidz!
13-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Same, family holiday is but a distant memory and I'm fed up also!
I don't know what it is but I've been a bit moody all day, my contact lenses are irritating my eyes, my oh is annoying me beyond belief and my own dd has been goading all the mindees into misbehaving today!
As in 'let's ignore my mummy and go and play outside' the cheek!
Going to have a hot bath and a glass of wine now my working day is over:thumbsup:

oxfordshirecm
13-08-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm feeling it too :( was supposed to have a quietish summer holidays with only 4-5 children between me snd my assistant but its been pretty much 12 every day ranging from 10 months to 12 years old :/ working from 6am to 7pm most nights too. Just over two weeks till my holiday thank god - just wished it was longer than a week :( x

donna porter
13-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Oh I'm so glad it's not just me! I'm exhausted too!
Today I completely lost my rag with one mindee! I couldn't take the screeching and whining any longer. Roll on September!

sarah707
13-08-2013, 05:56 PM
We had a little bit of sun earlier and I dragged us all out for a walk to feed the ducks - it really blew the cobwebs away and I felt a lot better for it!

Sometimes it does you good to do something unexpected! Try it tomorrow and feel better soon xx

hectors house
13-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Everyone who is feeling tired now take Sarah's advice but do it now - I have had house full all day but have just been to Zumba and I feel so much better - so everyone go out for a little walk round the block in the fresh air and daylight - do something for yourselves and escape without kids (if you can)!

blue bear
13-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Summer holidays are hard going for everyone, I try to make the last couple of weeks more busy with putings and new things to do, it makes things feel better, a change is as good as a rest so I have been told.

SYLVIA
13-08-2013, 06:42 PM
I felt like that last week. I went out with the LO's to a lovely play park. I sat with the picnic and let them do their thing. It was lovely and I felt much better for it. This week I'm off but am clearing the loft which is piled high with stuff from 15 years past. I'm shattered going up on down the ladder with heavy stuff in my arms, my knees are killing and tomorrow I've got to load it in the skip! Thursday I will clean and tidy the house then have 3 whole days to do nothing until the kids come back on monday.

Maza
13-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Me too. I can't get on top of the house and that is really getting me down. At least when I just have babies I get at least one hour a day to myself when they are all napping and that really helps me keep afloat. Not in the holidays though! Every room has a pile of stuff to tend to. Hector's House - I know what you mean, last Tuesday when hubby got home I just said that I really needed to go for a walk by myself. I was gone for about half an hour and it really, really helped.

SYLVIA
13-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Me too. I can't get on top of the house and that is really getting me down. At least when I just have babies I get at least one hour a day to myself when they are all napping and that really helps me keep afloat. Not in the holidays though! Every room has a pile of stuff to tend to. Hector's House - I know what you mean, last Tuesday when hubby got home I just said that I really needed to go for a walk by myself. I was gone for about half an hour and it really, really helped.

I usually go for a half hour walk by myself early morning as I feel so much better having done something for myself for a while. Too shattered this week to do it though!

donna porter
14-08-2013, 05:57 AM
I've got boxing class tonight so that'll help! I get up at 5.30am each day to exercise which helps me feel ready for the day. Might start taking the dog for a walk in the evenings so I get time on my own

shortstuff
14-08-2013, 06:27 AM
I seem to be exhausted all the time at the moment too.

Having the older ones all day is so draining cause they seem to have turned into whingers.

I am claiming the odd bit of time for myself which is helping so would agree for you all to try it.

Monday I was designated driver on a girly night. Ive got a day with an amazing friend tmw.

Also next weds ds n I are going back to the neonates coffee morning at the maternity hospital. When he was in neonatal I gained a lot of strength from meeting parents whos children had been in. So next week is another chance to give back. That should fix my frame of mind x

bindy
14-08-2013, 06:37 AM
The last couple of working days before your holiday are the hardest, your mind is else where and your body is cream cracked! Not long now! Have a good rest.

teacake2
14-08-2013, 10:30 AM
I felt really bad last Thursday night, in fact I had to cancel the two I should have had on the Friday, I slept from 8pm - 4a.m Thursday night/Friday morning, had a quick drink and then slept again for another two hours (this from someone who exists on 3hrs sleep a night normally). Slept on and off for the rest of Friday too.
I think the problem was I had 5 under 8s on the Monday and Tuesday and all of them have special needs ranging from mild to quite severe, only happened as I was helping parents out, but wow did it tell on me by the end of the week.
Teacake2.:(:(:(:(

SYLVIA
14-08-2013, 08:41 PM
I've got boxing class tonight so that'll help! I get up at 5.30am each day to exercise which helps me feel ready for the day. Might start taking the dog for a walk in the evenings so I get time on my own

I used to love walking my dog when the LO's had gone. Haven't got him anymore though. I used to take him to the local river and we would be out for a good hour or more. So peaceful and relaxing

starschildmind
14-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Im so glad im not the only one feeling like this. (In a nice way) !!!!

I cried this morning i was so tired and got my hand trapped in the ladder, threw a carton of cream over the floor and my daughter decided to take her dirty nappy off and she was caked.

I used to work 7am - 7pm 5 days a week before my children. Now im struggleing so much. Im getting older and have 2 children.

This is my first summer holidays so hoping i will get used to it!!!

★ xx

oxfordshirecm
15-08-2013, 10:12 AM
I have a slight relief today as had 12 children each day mon to we'd and today I have only two plus my own dd. gave assistant the much needed day off and both mindees are sound asleep so me and dd are enjoying cuddles on the sofa. Should be doing the house work as my house looks like a tip in every room and dh is not happy. But I feel like I have not seen my dd this week due to the constant running around after the others :( roll on the 29th for my holiday

skatie
15-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Had the feeling I was on the verge of tears many times yesterday, first day back at work after having a couple of days off and I was drop dead tired by the end of the day. Really questioning if I actually want to be a childminder, but have no idea what else I would or could do that would enable me to spend time with my own ds's. although currently I don't spend much quality time with them anyway as the mindees seem to come first. I'm so sick of hearing my name being said in a super whiney voice at least 100 times a day, being followed around everywhere I go and being asked what I'm doing as soon as I move. The house is a tip, and I never have enough energy to get on top of it and let's not even begin to talk about the paperwork. I spend a fortune on printer ink yet still never seem to be quite on the ball with the learning journals etc.

Actually childminding seems to make me quite grumpy! My oh laughs because I always said I wanted to be at home and spend time with my kids, now all I do is complain, he says I'm never happy even when I've got what I want.

Thing is, I would love to be able to take my ds for swimming lessons, now I'm working I can afford it but I can't sit and watch him as I have a hoard of children in tow. I'd love to be able to take my little ds swimming as one on one time during the week but I can't.

On the plus side childminding is paying for our holiday to aus next year, so shouldn't complain too much. Although it shouldn't be about the money, it should be an enjoyable job. I just don't understand why children can't entertain themselves these days?