PDA

View Full Version : Maybe ive bitten off more than i can chew

KatieFS
13-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Just finished first settling in session with 8m old twins. God it's hard!!!!
Dad brought them with loads of stuff, bottles feed clothes etc etc. quick good bye.
Within about ten mins one crying then few mins later other one crying! Just didn't know what to do!
Then dad rings me and says oh sorry forgot they haven't had lunch. Argh! He did send fruit pots in bag so gave them that. My other children didn't know what to do, they were a bit unsettled too.

Close to 2 hours of pain. I feel like crying! Help! Any suggestions??

beckygrey
13-08-2013, 03:16 PM
I feel for you as I have 22 month old twins (my own children) all I can say is a good rountine helped, sorry thats not much help

Good luck x

shortstuff
13-08-2013, 03:17 PM
bear with it x i have identical twins here and they cried on arrival for a while but now they are really relaxed and brighten my day immensely x

you will probably find the second child to cry only did it in reaction to the first one too x

kellyskidz!
13-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Get as much info from mum and dad as you can on what they do when they cry. At the nursery I worked in when one twin cried mum or dad carried the other out of the room so they didn't set the second one off lol. But maybe these twins wouldn't like to be separated and may calm each other down with that telepathic twin thing!
Ask mum and dad what they do if both cry at once, it doesn't make you look inadequate it makes you look like your doing a proper and thorough job which can only put parents at ease.
I'm sure you'll do fine xxx

KatieFS
13-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Thank you all. I hope tomorrow is better. I always feel so guilty for the other children. ESP my own!!

KatieFS
14-08-2013, 10:53 AM
They are due to arrive in about hour. Feeling nervous!!!

charlottenash
14-08-2013, 10:58 AM
I'd give it time to be honest you may feel better after a few sessions :)

sprinkles
14-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Hope it's going better this time :)

KatieFS
14-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Yes much better. One is bit more unsettled but much better after dad have me some tips. Nxt week longer session then 2 full days. With one minder and my two own. Should be fun
Hope things go ok. Feeling a bit better, just trying to work out where to put cots eek

balijay
14-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Hopefully they will settle quickly. I look after 2 year old twins who started at 10 months and they are fab - it's hilarious how they bounce off each other. Got another set of twins starting in Sept, I seem to attract them :laughing:

kp0781
15-08-2013, 05:45 AM
Hi I don't have twins but I have 2 babies the same age. Mindee started at 10 months and my baby was same age ( sibling before you ask!!) it took a few weeks for her to settle and for us to get a routine. Boy did she scream!!! Now 6 months later all is good :-)

KatieFS
15-08-2013, 06:05 AM
Yes! The scream. It was piercing! My little girl said the babies give me headache. Yep me too
Felt so guilty

Angela234
15-08-2013, 07:21 AM
I had a 12 month and 10 month old start last Sept 12 month old cried (very loud) for weeks I also had my 13 month grandson was very hard work I couldn't get out with 3 such little ones (don't drive) but in time he settled now he's very happy here they play very well together all coming 2 now. It is very hard with others to look after. 12 month old used to have 2 long sleeps so I could spend a good time with the others I do thing it will be worth it in the end I have often had 2 the same age and they go up playing so well together

ziggy
15-08-2013, 12:02 PM
I have a sibling starting in January, by which time he will be 10months and baby i have will be just a year. 4yrs ago I took on two 8month old babies at same time plus a 2yr old, was all great till youngest baby reached 2!!!

At least this way the older baby will be well settled before other baby starts.

Good luck with twins, cant be easy in early days

jazzyjenbo
15-08-2013, 01:05 PM
I've got my own 12 month old, started another 12 month old 4 weeks ago (1 week older than my od) and just started an 11 month old!! Like having triplets! Had to buy a triple pram!! Can be very hard, the 11 month old is a screamer and upsets the others, i'm finding it easier at the mo to get out and about as much as possible to keep them entertained x x

KatieFS
15-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Thank you all. Does give me confidence it can be done. Next week will be a challenge. Hoping I can sort out some play dates for my own so can spend time with babies.

hectors house
15-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Thank you all. Does give me confidence it can be done. Next week will be a challenge. Hoping I can sort out some play dates for my own so can spend time with babies.

Just take each day as it comes, learn what works and what doesn't with them. Did I see on another post you are also potty training a mindee - if so be prepared for accidents as you may not have time to watch them closely enough to see the warning signals or they may attention seek if they feel the babies are taking all your time.

KatieFS
16-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Yes I have one potty training too! It's quite exhausting in the school holidays too with my own two. My new assistant starts next week so all in all I'm feeling slightly frazzled!!!!!

Samijanec
16-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Ohh dear, sounds like everyone else has given sound advice. Thankfully I don't have any little ones, mine are all two and three and not criers.. Phew!!

Good luck with them. X