PDA

View Full Version : EVERYONE NEEDS TO WATCH THIS

Chatterbox Childcare
13-08-2013, 02:14 PM
I will let it speak for itself:

WARNING!!!! If you take photos with your cell phone | Keeping My Eye On the Sparrow Photography (http://kyeos.wordpress.com/2013/05/10/warning-if-you-take-photos-with-your-cell-phone/)

emma04
13-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Fascinating!

As much as I love technology, I also hate it too!!

Ripeberry
13-08-2013, 02:32 PM
I don't post any public photos of mindees in the first place. Videos like this are double edged. They warn us, but also 'teach' people who are up to no good :panic:

AliceK
13-08-2013, 02:33 PM
wow, that's quite scary. I was actually very sceptical whilst watching that video, thinking No Way can that be possible. But I have just gone into my phone's camera settings and there is an option which was turned on saying Geo-Tag photos. I've now unchecked that box and turned it off. Checking online what exactly Geo-Tag means (as I am a bit thick lol ) "Geotagging means recording the precise location of where you took a photograph, usually by using a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver.
Several digital cameras offer geotagging, either internally as part of the camera's hardware, or externally as an add-on device (a GPS).
Geotagging uses a GPS receiver to collect location information, and stores that information in the metadata of every picture taken, so that the location of each picture can be recovered later"

Scary

xxx

JCrakers
13-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Its a scary world out there. Very interesting and something to be aware of. DH works in internet security so I'm hoping he's clued up on the camera settings

angeldelight
13-08-2013, 02:40 PM
I was watching this on fb earlier

Then someone said it was just to scare everyone

So I'm totally confused ha

I've not checked it out though to see if it's true

Angel xx

SYLVIA
13-08-2013, 02:46 PM
That is scary! I bet there are so many people who have no idea what they are opening themselves up to

Bambini2
13-08-2013, 03:22 PM
This is one of the reasons i've got a £10 phone that does nothing except text & call and a separate camera.

Chatterbox Childcare
13-08-2013, 03:57 PM

Angel xx

My daughter showed me on the photo what was going on and the video is right... frightening. This doesn't just affect our little mindees but our own families too..

AliceK
13-08-2013, 04:02 PM

Angel xx

Angel that's what I thought when I first saw it but look in your camera settings, I found Geo-tagging option and mine was switched on and when I looked it up, it's true, it can be done very easily. It's not a scam, I'm sure of it now.

xxxx

clareelizabeth1
13-08-2013, 04:09 PM
It can be done it was always part of the reason I hate Facebook. It's scary how much personal information is out there just for the taking

kimnolan87
13-08-2013, 04:20 PM
How scary!!! I have just changed my settings and will also be informing parents of this!!!!
Xxx

donna porter
13-08-2013, 05:16 PM
I can't find geotagging on my iPhone???????