PDA

View Full Version : Swearing, is it an 'incident'

kellyskidz!
13-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Hi all, I've posted before about a mindee swearing; well now I have another one (why me lol!!)
Three times today he's said the S word and also has said fr**ging heck. He's said them all really loud, and in public which is embarrasing :blush:
I don't think he's looking for a reaction, he's only 2, but he is saying them frequently and in normal conversation (he's just said another loud S*** while playing and he dropped his toy)
Mum is quite lax and will probably laugh when I tell her but I've got my own dd here since its the hols and I don't want her picking up any swear words and saying them back at school in Sept, or saying them at all in fact! Also I have a 15 mo who is just starting to copy words so you can imagine I don't want him copying these lol!
Do I write the swearing episodes up as incidents and get mum to sign a copy or do I just mention it to her and try not to get too annoyed when she inevitably laughs it off which I'm almost certain she'll do xx

Bumble Beez
13-08-2013, 01:54 PM
I would put them down as an incident...altho if its something that has become more apparent recently then maybe try and get mum to take a little more notice of just how many incident forms she's signing each week x

shortstuff
13-08-2013, 01:55 PM
I agree, maybe number the incident forms for each child so you can see who is a repeat offender too x When this mum sees her count up above 10 maybe she will take notice x

kellyskidz!
13-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Thanks guys :)
He is leaving next week and its the first time I've heard him swear (well, I've thought id heard it before but wasn't 100% sure as it was whispered to himself) so I didn't know weather to leave it or not but she does need to know he's swearing I think so she's at least aware of it.
Will write up an incident form for her to sign xx

FussyElmo
13-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Oh dear I wouldn't see that as swearing. I see that as people trying not to swear and using another word.

The other word again its probably something he has heard. I usually ignore it only bring attention to it if its severe and I tell all children we don't use words like that at Fussys and they soon learn :D

kellyskidz!
13-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Fri**ing heck is swearing to me, and he said it in a temper which in context is a word he's using and has heard aggressively and I certainly wouldn't want my 5 year old repeating it
Have ignored him, as I don't really think he is doing it for attention, he just sees it as a word, which I suppose is in some ways worse, as he must hear it a lot, poor kid xx