PDA

View Full Version : NEF

childminder54
13-08-2013, 01:39 PM
I'm new to this need to fill in forms estimated variance form when are the term times dates from and too please phoned local council could not help me thanks

Nicola Carlyle
13-08-2013, 01:50 PM
If you search google for your county (for example - Wiltshire term dates 2013-2014) it should come up with something.

childminder54
13-08-2013, 01:58 PM
But is it the same dates for NEF

Nicola Carlyle
13-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Ah is this for the funding? If so then no it's not. You should be able to get the info from the early years section of your local authority. I'd phone whichever ever section deals with ALL funding so for nurseries and pre schools to.

childminder54
13-08-2013, 03:14 PM
I did no help they didn't know

Tazmin68
13-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Hi

Your in birmingham I think the estimates have to be in next week. They are sending new terms and conditions out any time now. A bit of a joke parents need to fill in a parents declaration form but again there is a new one coming out so if we get parents to sign the ones from last year thy will still need to complete the new one.

This is the same council who despite being told by government that funding could be over 2 days last year child i kept phoning they would not confirm i lost business and then on 1 October told us it could be over 2 days they are a nightmare and always late with info

Deb

Tazmin68
14-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Hi

The NEF funding is the same as the svhool term dates in the birmingham council website. If child is absent due to illness or holidays then you still put through the normal funded hours as you will have already been paid for the 12 week autumn or spring term or the 13 week summer term. Bank holidays are usually in the school holidays so are not in the funded weeks for example Easter, Whitsun and Christmas are in the holidays. If you as a minder had a week off during term time it is expected that you provide those hours in the school holiday for example I was away for a week in June so my funded hours continued an extra week into te school summer holidays.

Deb

karensmart4
14-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Aren't you reg to do your estimates on-line? If you are then they have all the info on there..

I am in Somerset and don't need to put dates on my forms just the hours and for the Autumn Term its 210 max. So if a child comes for tto @ the full 15hrs per week their total hours are 210.

I don't know if that's any help :)

sarah707
14-08-2013, 05:35 PM
As I said in my pm to you hunny, funding is totally different to anything else you do - so you need to forget about charging for holidays and days off!!

Funding is 570 hours a year which MUST be provided free to parents.

A parent can choose to do just the 570 hours and you cannot charge them anything.

A parent can send food and you cannot charge them for meal times. If they don't want to send food then you either provide it for the child free or the child goes hungry - you can't charge them.

570 hours a year = 11 hours a week over 52 weeks a year.

You have to work out when you are offering the 570 hours - term time or term time and holidays.

you will be paid by the LA for 570 hours - some up front and some at the end of the term - if parents don't use it the Local Authority will claim it back - so you need to be spot on with your attendance register and counting the child's hours.

There are rules -

A session for funded children must be between 2 1/2 and 10 hours long. It can't start before 7am or go on after 7pm. It has to be flexible - if parents want 3 hours on a Weds morning for a course they are attending you have to offer it or turn the child away.

Your term dates might be different from mine - you need to find someone to help you in your LA.

Hugs x

Tazmin68
14-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Hi
In Birmingham we do not have to be flexible to that extent Sarah.
They are very behind in that we complete paperwork and only ibm the last 2 years could we scan and email!
No way that techno savvy to complete online paperwork

sarah707
15-08-2013, 06:39 AM
Hi
In Birmingham we do not have to be flexible to that extent Sarah.
They are very behind in that we complete paperwork and only ibm the last 2 years could we scan and email!
No way that techno savvy to complete online paperwork

We don't have online paperwork OR scanning! We have to send back in the post - and I keep sending the wrong forms or missing bits out and getting phone calls - I am sure my name is blacklisted in their office - it's quite embarrassing! :blush: :laughing:

childminder54
17-08-2013, 09:56 AM
We don't have online paperwork OR scanning! We have to send back in the post - and I keep sending the wrong forms or missing bits out and getting phone calls - I am sure my name is blacklisted in their office - it's quite embarrassing! :blush: :laughing:

Well sarah if you cannot get it right. What chance have I got none, as you are the brainy one.:p:laughing::clapping:

toddlers896
12-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Hi

The NEF funding is the same as the svhool term dates in the birmingham council website. If child is absent due to illness or holidays then you still put through the normal funded hours as you will have already been paid for the 12 week autumn or spring term or the 13 week summer term. Bank holidays are usually in the school holidays so are not in the funded weeks for example Easter, Whitsun and Christmas are in the holidays. If you as a minder had a week off during term time it is expected that you provide those hours in the school holiday for example I was away for a week in June so my funded hours continued an extra week into te school summer holidays.

Deb

what if a child takes a weeks unexpected holiday during term time and I have been funded for it. do i deduct the 15 hrs from the invoice? i understand that they have to be in attendance to be able to get the 15hrs so would i just keep this or do they get it

Simona
12-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Unless the rules have changed it is 570 hours in total per year....which is 15 hrs per week over 38 weeks (15 x 38 = 570)

Check with your LA...for 2 year olds it is definitely that...parents do not have to send the child during holidays....if they do they pay the full fee
3 and 4 year olds also get funding for 38 weeks only ...the rest is charged at our own rate.

Any LA will have that clearly stated in their Local Conditions of Funding...those will include what you need to do if a child is absent, sick or on holiday during the funded hours