PDA

View Full Version : feeling sleepy

shortstuff
13-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Just thought I would share i am feeling really sleepy, all 3 mindees are sleeping, 2 snoring lol. DS is trying to have a nap as he is exhausted n Im trying so hard to keep my mind busy as I would love to join them lol x

smurfette
13-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Feeling that way myself today! Roll

On 530!

shortstuff
13-08-2013, 01:54 PM
at least i finish at 4.15ish x

DS did actually drop off and is the loudest snorer of them all too lol x

Bumble Beez
13-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Lol...it is always hard when they're all asleep cos they sound so relaxed and comfy :)
and if you're like me then you'll try hard not to wake them and its a good excuse to have a cuppa in peace!!

shortstuff
13-08-2013, 02:00 PM
thing is there are only so many cuppas i can drink lol, the mindees all sleep here every tuesday and normally for about 2.5 hours. I was hoping for a little interaction with DS but his eyes were almost shut so i encouraged him lay down.

We have a game as he is 6 and doesnt really need a nap, but becomes so miserable if he doesnt get it if we have been hectic in the morning. He pretends to be asleep for 10 minutes and if he actually drops off then he needs it. If he stays awake then he gets up and we play x

Maybe he will learn the hard way that waking mummy up before her alarm in the morning is also one of the reasons he is soooo tired during the day lol x

mrstom
13-08-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm not working as I'm TTO but I'm laid out on the sofa with a gammy knee (knocked it on a low table yesterday and it's the size of a grapefruit today) with my 4 yr old DS lying next to me watching a DVD with heavy eyes and my almost 6 yr old DS on the other snoring away! A snoring child is one of my favourite sounds in the world :D

shortstuff
13-08-2013, 02:11 PM
I'm not working as I'm TTO but I'm laid out on the sofa with a gammy knee (knocked it on a low table yesterday and it's the size of a grapefruit today) with my 4 yr old DS lying next to me watching a DVD with heavy eyes and my almost 6 yr old DS on the other snoring away! A snoring child is one of my favourite sounds in the world :D

I agree, i love it but it really makes me want to join them lol x

Hope your knee makes a fast recovery, have you had it checked out? x

mrstom
13-08-2013, 02:27 PM
I agree, i love it but it really makes me want to join them lol x

Hope your knee makes a fast recovery, have you had it checked out? x

Haven't had it checked out but it's feeling better than it did this morning. I had a hot bath that helped, I'm dosed up on ibuprofen and strapped in a tubi-grip. With a bit of luck DH will wait on me hand and foot when he gets home from work at 7pm!

If it's no better tomorrow I'll brave the receptionist and try and get a docs appointment. Just glad I'm not working at the moment!

shortstuff
13-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Haven't had it checked out but it's feeling better than it did this morning. I had a hot bath that helped, I'm dosed up on ibuprofen and strapped in a tubi-grip. With a bit of luck DH will wait on me hand and foot when he gets home from work at 7pm!

If it's no better tomorrow I'll brave the receptionist and try and get a docs appointment. Just glad I'm not working at the moment!

Just remember to look after yourself x