PDA

View Full Version : Advice ASAP please (sick)

EmmaReed84
13-08-2013, 06:46 AM
My son has woken up and only had water to drink (not had breakfast yet) anyway, he has just sat on my knee and wretched and brought a bit of water up. I literally threw him in the downstairs toilet where he just brought up all the water he drank!

He said he doesn't feel sick anymore, do I wait and see if there is another episode then call parent to collect, or call now to collect anyway?

(edit: just done his temp and he does not have a temperature)

blue bear
13-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Think I might be cautious and wait but I'd warn the parents give them the choice not to wait and see if they don't want to.

angeldelight
13-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Hi Emma

Hope your son is ok poor thing there are so many bugs going around at the moment .

I would wait for a bit and see how he goes then contact parent

Angel xxx

Bumble Beez
13-08-2013, 07:06 AM
:ohdear:

Make sure you contact parents and explain what you've just told us...and see what they want to do.
It could be just a one off or it could be the start of a bug - but at least you would have warned parents and then monitor how your son is and inform if any changes.
Hope its nothing that's going to develop into a bug x

EmmaReed84
13-08-2013, 07:08 AM
Well, I have just chatted to DH and we decided to give him Weetabix for breakfast (which is what he asked for) at least if he has got a bug, that way it will come back up and we will know for sure! He is currently sat watching Doc McStuffins with a "sick bowl"

He didn't eat all his breakfast which is a bit unlike him, but like DH said, if he just brought up water, perhaps his tummy is sore!

Will keep you posted...

hectors house
13-08-2013, 07:08 AM
Obviously your son is still quite small if he was sitting on your knee! Can you try to spend as much time as you can out in the garden today so less chance of passing on any germs (if there are any), then if he is sick again you can phone the parents. Sometimes children are sick without it being a bug.

EmmaReed84
13-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Obviously your son is still quite small if he was sitting on your knee! Can you try to spend as much time as you can out in the garden today so less chance of passing on any germs (if there are any), then if he is sick again you can phone the parents. Sometimes children are sick without it being a bug.

My son is 5 and very cuddly (loves having snuggly cuddles) LOL.

I will call Mum soon (She will still be driving ATM)

Thank you ladies x