PDA

View Full Version : Temp contract for two weeks

sprinkles
12-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Hubby's workmate is due a baby very soon (I think his wife is about 31 weeks) but their last child was born at 30 weeks. They had a scare last week so she's now in hospital until little one is born. His daughter is currently looking after their 3 year old son while he is at work but she goes back to college in a fortnight. They then have a fortnight gap where they have noone who can look after him so he asked hubby if I could do it. This will only be if baby is not here yet.

What would I need to keep if it's only for 2 weeks - do I still need to do obs/developments etc?

shortstuff
12-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Do they have someone else who can step in after two weeks then? I had DS at 30 weeks and I wouldnt have been able to function let alone take care of another child for longer than 2 weeks.

I would say that if you only have LO for 2 weeks then OBs will be a little tough as you dont know what stage he is already at so wont know what are firsts.

karensmart4
12-08-2013, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't do obs etc. What would be nice though is some photo's and a little diary to show Mum and Dad what little one has been doing while with you :)

sprinkles
12-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Do they have someone else who can step in after two weeks then? I had DS at 30 weeks and I wouldnt have been able to function let alone take care of another child for longer than 2 weeks.

I would say that if you only have LO for 2 weeks then OBs will be a little tough as you dont know what stage he is already at so wont know what are firsts.

Yes, his daughter goes back to college in a fortnight but his brother is coming up early September to look after little one but can't come up until then, hence them being stuck for 2 weeks.

I think I will just do a little diary/scrapbook with photos etc for him to take home :) Thanks!

sarah707
12-08-2013, 04:43 PM
I wouldn't do anything formal for 2 weeks - just a diary with some nice photos for parents to reassure them :D