PDA

View Full Version : So, what have you got planned for today/this week?

EmmaReed84
12-08-2013, 06:36 AM
I am a bit stuck on things to do with the kiddy winks. As I am losing mindee at the end of the month and money is tight.

All the children have their own scrapbooks with photos of everything they have done with me and they get to be creative, cutting, gluing sticking stickers on etc. They look fab. The last week of the holidays we will be working on them and finishing mindees scrapbook so I have loads of ideas for that week.

But I am stuck for things to do with them for the next two weeks. So I am being nosey and want to see what you have all got planned...

Come ladies (and gents :p) Inspire me! :D

lynncjt
12-08-2013, 06:45 AM
Depends on the weather - we tend to be at parks or in the garden (with mud kitchen) if the weather is good.

Homemade play dough has been very popular - the kids love making it themselves then so all sorts of activities with it. My kids are not so keen on crafts as such but love any form of messy play.

hectors house
12-08-2013, 06:59 AM
With the weeks so disjointed with different mindees off each week in the summer hols I can't seem to get organised and do any planning - only have 2 little ones today, the 2 older ones both away - prob just go to the park and meet a fellow forum member.

Your scrap books sound great fun - 6 out of my 7 mindees are boys and just aren't into craft very much.

Bumble Beez
12-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Quiet day at home planned for today...creative activities, garden and free play with a transport theme.
Tomorrow we are off to the seafront (weather permitting).
Wednesday is a trip to the local park to feed the ducks and do a transport survey with the older ones.
Thursday is another quiet day at home...creative activities, garden and free play with a transport theme again.
Friday is my busy day so out for lots of outside play...maybe water painting, transport theme in the sandpit and sensory play in the garden when we get back...
:phew:
Then I've got just one LO on Saturday and then I can relax for Sunday :)

maisiemog
12-08-2013, 07:30 AM
I'm off work now for a while! Both families on holiday for two weeks and then I'm off for two weeks!

However i still have DD to entertain and zero money so we are doing things on the cheap! Today we are going to the park to try out the balance bike she's just been given, baking cakes and watching a DVD with popcorn.

This week we are also visiting the farm and going to try and find some of the geocaches along the canal path whilst picking blackberries and having a picnic at one of the locks.

green4lynn
12-08-2013, 07:53 AM
I'm a bit stuck this week too! I have all little ones ranging from 18mnths to 4.5 and they all like to do different things. Got today sorted (children's centre and beach) but no idea for tomorrow! I've got 18mth who isn't walking, 3 yr old who only wants to play on electronic gadgets and a 2yr old who just wants to get everything out but hardly plays with anything!
All the toddler groups shut for the hols, and all the soft plays are really busy and expensive. I'm losing a child to school in sept and another is reducing hours as mum is expecting so not got a lot to spend (I'd like to have some money left for my week off in 2 weeks, can't afford to go away so just having days out!).

I'm in East Yorkshire so any suggestions gratefully received!

Lynn x

ziggy
12-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Nothing:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Got 2 yr old till 1.30 and baby all day. May go and visit another childminder but after mad few weeks away little one is just enjoying free play and chilling

hectors house
12-08-2013, 07:59 AM
Quiet day at home planned for today...creative activities, garden and free play with a transport theme.
Tomorrow we are off to the seafront (weather permitting).
Wednesday is a trip to the local park to feed the ducks and do a transport survey with the older ones.
Thursday is another quiet day at home...creative activities, garden and free play with a transport theme again.
Friday is my busy day so out for lots of outside play...maybe water painting, transport theme in the sandpit and sensory play in the garden when we get back...
:phew:
Then I've got just one LO on Saturday and then I can relax for Sunday :)

Don't know if you have seen it but Sparklebox has some lovely tally charts for recording either different colours of cars or different types of vehicles - with the colour of car survey we did, you can then print off lots of coloured cars and we made a pictogram.

Data Handling Surveys Primary Teaching Resources and Printables - SparkleBox (http://www.sparklebox.co.uk/maths/data-handling/surveys.html)

Maza
12-08-2013, 08:10 AM
It is sooo hard when all the playgroups close for the holidays.

Today we are off for a teddy bear's picnic organised by a lady who is trying to promote her new playgroup. Should be lovely - and freeeee!
Tuesday is library day and there is a nice field with a playground near the library so we usually spend an hour there afterwards.
Wednesday - Not decided - a local outing to feed the ducks/park/local gardens probably.
Thursday - Day off, DD and I are going to try a new swimming pool each week and see which one we like best
Friday - Day off, DD has a playdate/picnic with the children in her new reception class.

At home we will be doing lots of free painting (have loads of paint, so no expense there), general garden play and board games. Cannot be spending money either at the moment. x

EmmaReed84
12-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Oh I really like the transport idea. Every now and then I do road safety and we do activities and role play, I think I might incorporate the transport theme to make it a bit more interesting.

donna porter
12-08-2013, 08:40 AM
I just have the 4 older ones today so were going to a soft play area and staying for lunch. Love the scrap book idea!

nikki thomson
12-08-2013, 08:50 AM
I'm back at work today after 2 weeks off, I do only have 1 though apart from my 3, he's 18mths and tbh it's difficult as there attention span is not long at that age but he's quite happy pottering around the garden as I type,I'm off out with them at 10 going to go for a walk in the woods and stop at the park on the way back, take a ball so they can have a kick around and then it'll be home for lunch and lo then sleeps for 3 hrs so not to bad, I only work part time so I only have him 3 days this week.
I'm not sure how I'm going to entertain them for the next 3 weeks on a small budget, we've done loads in the past 2 weeks, I like to be out and about but there's only so many times they want to go to the park/farm/woods etc. x

amirose
12-08-2013, 09:00 AM
We're off to the local nature park on a treasure trail today :) can highly recommend it we did one on the local town last year and it included stop offs in the free museums and play parks. They do them all over the country, you just buy the book and do it independently. What's great is you can keep the book and do it with different groups of children.Treasure Hunt and explore with Treasure Trails (http://www.treasuretrails.co.uk/)
We're also going to a country park, splash pad, adventure playground and finishing up with "beach themed" garden play (volley ball, sand, paddling pool, beach inflatables, art with seashells etc) this week.
I love the summer holidays but I am looking forward to my week off next week, off to Germany with the family :)

FussyElmo
12-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Lie ins, lazy days, eating junk, watching the athletics......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............oh sorry you wanted ideas for help for stuff to do with the mindees :laughing::laughing::laughing:

shortstuff
12-08-2013, 10:03 AM
We use some recycle and pva and see what we can create x imagination is priceless x in the best possible way x

We go for walks and see what we can spot too usually with a theme the children have chosen before we leave

mrs robbie williams
12-08-2013, 10:26 AM
I've got toothache :( been putting off dentist and living off ibrofen as working and didn't want to let mum down as think they will take it out as it was chipped a while ago and I ignored it, off this week except thurs so got dentist tomoro at 2 am dreading it, wud rather give birth than go to dentist sooooo scared :( ds 9 has agreed to a day in today so I can get on and sit and feel sorry for myself :(

sprinkles
12-08-2013, 10:53 AM
I'm currently sat here printing things off for the playroom - numbers, shapes, etc - then I'm off to dentist at 2pm. Need to get some laminating pouches while I'm out so I can laminate all this stuff and get it put up. Then rest of today and tomorrow is mission finish playroom and sort out the house! I've got my inspector coming on Wednesday to check upstairs so I can use it (moved playroom upstairs) and then I've got my first little one doing settling in sessions on Thursday & Friday ready to start on Monday :D

I have so much to do - need to sort all my paperwork etc out too but waiting on folders arriving for filing cabinet!

Tazmin68
12-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Today and tomorrow at home easier as I have two that are under 14 months plus the school children one of the little ones finishes tomorrow.

Wednesday as two children have autism we are going on an activity day at a family centre which I can also take the other children.

Thursday we are going to a vey good local children's centre who are having a childminder group session for 4 hours.

Friday a funny one hoping that weather is dry so we can go to park as after a lot of though we are having solar panels put on roof which is going to take about 4-6 hours so need to stay indoors. My youngest son is also having his eyes tested. Hubby having day off so he can deal with solar fitters and I can be with children.