PDA

View Full Version : Food Safety Visit

melanieabigail2004
11-07-2008, 06:58 AM
Just thought I would pass on what the environmental food safety guy had to say when he did my visit yesterday.

I already had the food safety management pack (link below you can download it or order it via phone or email - I ordered it and it came with in a rather nice binder!!)
http://www.food.gov.uk/foodindustry/regulation/hygleg/hyglegresources/sfbb/sfbbcaterers/

I hadn't completed it yet though and he said I must complete the first section as it basically shows you have covered all the hazard analysis critical control points - he said its easier than trying to do your own. In english that means completing a comprehensive risk assessment of your kitchen and practices etc!

However he said don't bother with the diary section as I already log the temps of both fridges and freezers every day. I showed him my log book and he said I should add a column and include the temp of the main hot meal of the day once I had temp probed it and that would be enough.

I also asked him when they would be issuing a pack that actually relates to what we do. I pointed out that we are the same as nurseries and there are tons of them so why haven't we all got a pack that works for our setting??? He took my point on and said that it was in the pipeline and we should see something in the next couple of years - won't hold my breath!!!!

Thought this might be of interest . . . .!

Mel
:)

angeldelight
11-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Thanks for that information Mel

That is handy to have

Thank you

Angel xx

hello kitty
11-07-2008, 07:00 AM
Thanks that's really helpful. :)

miss mopple
11-07-2008, 07:07 AM
Thanks, thats really helpful.

I have had a visit and have the pack, but am rubbish at filling it all in :blush:

Have done the risk assessments/cleaning schedule etc but don't remember to fill in the daily diary so maybe a simple temperatue check sheet would work better :thumbsup:

miffy
11-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Thank you Mel - i will order one later - it looks very useful

Miffy xx

mrsb
11-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Thanks Mel :) I ordered one of these packs about 2 weeks ago now but not received it yet, did it take long for yours to arrive?

melanieabigail2004
12-07-2008, 09:39 AM
MrsB it took 3 days from ordering to delivery

Mel

manjay
12-07-2008, 10:10 AM
I have had this pack a while and have completed the front section and put it in my RA file. I agree the 2nd half is not applicable and I just note my fridge, freezer and hot meal temps in my daily journal.

Nice to know I am doing what they suggest:rolleyes: