PDA

View Full Version : Attendance Register

cloud9
11-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Hi Guys,

Can someone confirm I know we need to keep an attendance register for a couple of reasons but I was wondering if anyone knew whether it was a requirement for parents to sign?. I have always done so using a form similar to the NCMA one which has a spare for parents signatures but I have just ordered a new book and noticed it only has a section for total hours and my signature.

littlebears1009
11-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Who did you order the book from? I had my pre reg not long since and the inspector did say it needs to have 2 signatures one from CM and one from parent. She also said that some companies providing the books werent updating them to include 2 columns and if you have paid for it you should be sending back and asking for one that is in line with ofsted requirements.
Not sure if all the above is correct but i have made sure mine have 2 columns just in case. Maybe some more experienced CMs can clarify? X

christine e
11-08-2013, 04:33 PM
It is not a requirement to have the attendance register signed - I don't get mine signed

sarah707
11-08-2013, 05:00 PM
No, it's not a requirement.

Personally, I ask parents to sign when I give them their invoices 'to confirm their child's hours' - always have and now it's routine :D

hectors house
11-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Because there is a space for parents to sign in NCMA (Pacey) register Ofsted seem to expect it to be signed - but I'm sure parents at Nursery don't have to sign a register each week - yet another example of us being treated differently! I often get parents to sign several months at a time (often grandparents collect and parents are pushed for time in the morning), they never look at what they are signing.

charlottenash
11-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Had my inspection 2 weeks ago, I specifically asked this and she said no, absolutely no requirement for a signature.

MessybutHappy
11-08-2013, 06:24 PM
I have mine signed, but have wondered why, often it's a week or so After the end of the month and Mum won't remember or be able to query, so now I've decided to stop getting a signature, it'll also mean I can have one register with all the children on rather than the separate clipboards I use at present!

jojobell
11-08-2013, 06:51 PM
no u dont, it does however protect you if you have a non payer, i had a non payer once and had to contat pacey (ncma then) who said that if i had a signed attendence register i could take legal action as i had proof that i had provided the care........................needless to say as soon as i told the parent this i got my money and an appology, i even got a leaving present hahaha (they were leaving as they were moving house, i think the must of thought they would get away with it!!)

ziggy
11-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Because there is a space for parents to sign in NCMA (Pacey) register Ofsted seem to expect it to be signed - but I'm sure parents at Nursery don't have to sign a register each week - yet another example of us being treated differently! I often get parents to sign several months at a time (often grandparents collect and parents are pushed for time in the morning), they never look at what they are signing.

At the nursery where i worked parent/carer had to sign child in and out every session, i thought this was the norm. I get parents to sign on last day of week for hours attended that week.

bindy
11-08-2013, 07:52 PM
That's right, parents signature is not required Mrs O did not say a word about mine not being signed just a few months ago!

christine e
12-08-2013, 06:59 AM
The reason I don't ask parents to sign is because quite often it is someone different collecting to who dropped off so how can I expect them to sign also there is not statement alongside the signature eg' I confirm that these are the hours my child attended ' so what is the point?