PDA

View Full Version : I'm almost one!!

kellyskidz!
10-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Kelly's Kidz will be one year old soon (19th Sept) and I'm planning to do a little celebratory party with the children for our birthday. ( I know it's over a month away but I like to plan!:blush:)
My partner is taking me out for a meal on the evening of the 19th also to toast the first year
I've had one of the best years of my life and really believe that setting up this business was the best career move I could have made, in spite of how scary it was at first:D
When I look back at how unhappy I was in my old setting I feel like a different person
Did any of you celebrate your business birthdays'? How did you find your first year of business?
Also any ideas for party themes would be great, I'm getting 1 year old banners and balloons but would like a theme also!
Cheers to many more years of minding!
:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Rick
10-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Kelly's Kidz will be one year old soon (19th Sept) and I'm planning to do a little celebratory party with the children for our birthday. ( I know it's over a month away but I like to plan!:blush:)
My partner is taking me out for a meal on the evening of the 19th also to toast the first year
I've had one of the best years of my life and really believe that setting up this business was the best career move I could have made, in spite of how scary it was at first:D
When I look back at how unhappy I was in my old setting I feel like a different person
Did any of you celebrate your business birthdays'? How did you find your first year of business?
Also any ideas for party themes would be great, I'm getting 1 year old banners and balloons but would like a theme also!
Cheers to many more years of minding!
:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

I'm in a very similar position. Registered at the beginning of October and it was the best thing I ever did. Not happy with what I was doing before and couldn't be happier now! Hope you have a great party. I guess I should do something too!

kimnolan87
10-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Snap!!!! I registered last May and started minding the 5th September - so almost a year for me too!!!

I think I'll do a children's party here and then invite parents out for a celebratory meal - we try to get together every so often anyway, this one will just be that little bit more special ;)

Well done to us for making it through our first year as childminders!!!!

lynncjt
11-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Me too! Started with the first child on 21st August 2012.

Plan to have a cake at the childminding group on the Weds 21st August and will do a special tea for the kids too.

Really enjoyed it, moved from a busy job near Heathrow up to NE Scotland so a total lifestyle change for me as well!

I've been helped that in the 5 weeks of holidays we've only had 2 days with rain! Also had my first inspection and been rated 'Very Good'!

kellyskidz!
11-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Yay well done to us all!!
Imagine in years to come when we look back on this first year lol, it's been manic but I wouldn't have changed a thing xxx