View Full Version : How do i do a new crb?

10-08-2013, 07:20 AM
In the process of registering a new assistant.

We have sent the ey2 form

How do I start the disclosure process? I know I have to pay and its different.

10-08-2013, 07:59 AM
Would ofsted not send that out once theyve received the EY2 form?

Chatterbox Childcare
10-08-2013, 09:12 AM
I think you need to call Ofsted or search the Ofsted website and they will tell you. As it is all new I expect the EY2 form will generate everything

10-08-2013, 06:18 PM
They haven't. Is that what they do? Anyone else had it sent after the ey2
Do we send a cheque?

10-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Ofsted do not do CRB or DBS as they are called now anymore
This is where you apply...all is done online
The system changed 1 July...cms must apply online and pay for the service


13-08-2013, 06:21 AM

Do I wait for Ofsted to tell me to do it or do I just start out cold myself on a new one? Have sent my ey2 to Ofsted.

13-08-2013, 07:01 AM
I would just call ofst

13-08-2013, 07:02 AM
I would just call ofsted and ask their advice x

14-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Ofsted will contact you and give you a password and link to the online DBS portal, you then have to download a form and have all the relevant information, such as birth certificate, passport etc verified by a doctor, accountant, solicitor, another childminder etc, once you have had that completed you can either scan it and email or post it to Capita then use the password to access the online system and complete the other steps of the DBS

14-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Ofsted will only refer you to the DBS ...call them on their helpline 0870 909 0811
Applications are only online but you do them yourself...no Ofsted!

14-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Ofsted use CAPITA and their is Ofsted DBS Application - Step One (http://ofsteddbsapplication.co.uk).

I've lost mine and really want another (even though my reference number is still valid) as I like paper copies!

You have to print out the ID verification application first and send it off along with your verified identity (similar to passport)

I think they then send you the rest of the details you need eg. payment!

Not sure, but think this is right!