PDA

View Full Version : That's it.....I've done it!

Toothfairy
09-08-2013, 10:23 PM
I've given in my notice to all my families and my last day as a Childminder will be Friday 27th September!
There has been a lot of tears but everyone has been great about it.
An end to a large chapter of my life but also the begging of a new one too.

amylouise867
09-08-2013, 11:14 PM
I've given in my notice to all my families and my last day as a Childminder will be Friday 27th September!

Aww sending you big hugs xxx

And wishing you all the very best for the future ahead :) xxx

Carol
09-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Good luck xxx

blue bear
10-08-2013, 05:59 AM
I bet that was hard to do but also a relief after all the worrying about doing it. Exciting times ahead :excited:

SwanLake
10-08-2013, 06:46 AM

Ive obviously missed a post somewhere LOL - what are you going to be doing after cm'ing?

Its daunting giving notice so well done - onwards and upwards xx

KatieFS
10-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Congrats!!!! What will you be doing? X

miffy
10-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Exciting times - I would be looking forward to having my home back but not to all the clearing out to get there!

Miffy xx

AgentTink
10-08-2013, 07:43 AM
Exciting news... enjoy your last few weeks :thumbsup:

clareelizabeth1
10-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Enjoy your last few weeks. What are you going to do next as I think I have missed that post.

kellyskidz!
10-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Enjoy your last few weeks, and good luck with the future (I too have missed a post, but whatever it is, enjoy!)
:clapping::clapping:

lozzy23
10-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Enjoy your last few weeks. What are you going to do next as I think I have missed that post.

Me too.

Wow - exciting news. Good luck xxx

Supernanny86
10-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Enjoy whatever your next adventure is!! :)

Toothfairy
10-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Ive obviously missed a post somewhere LOL - what are you going to be doing after cm'ing?

Its daunting giving notice so well done - onwards and upwards xx

I'm going to be working for a Dental Training Academy.
We go into Dental practices and trouble shoot for them, streamline their practice, train staff in cross infection, safeguarding etc.
We also get the practice ready for their CQC inspections (their version of Ofsted).
If they are small practices and don't have a manager, then I become their virtual manager and do it all from home with just a visit to the practice once a month.
There's lots more too but that's the jist of it.
I will be mainly working from home with just the odd visit into practice.
I'm going to be working 3 days a week but earning as much as I was CMing 5 days a week.

I'm really excited about getting back into Dentistry, it's something I did for over 20 years (nursing, practice manager & Emergency Unit Manager) and I can't wait to get my house back.........plus 2 days off a week!

I've loved my time with the children and it has been a tough time handing in my notice to them as they have all become like family but I feel now is a good time. My own DD's are moving up to Uni, 6th form & secondary school.
I will miss you all too but will be popping back here from time to time to see what you've all been up to :D

FussyElmo
10-08-2013, 09:47 AM
How exciting a new chapter in your life xx

cherry
10-08-2013, 11:40 AM
How exciting for you, but keep in touch and let us know how you're doing :thumbsup:

Toothfairy
10-08-2013, 02:19 PM
As all my mindees are term time only, I'm not back to work until September, so I only have the four weeks of that month to work.
I'm going to keep my registration open and keep my first aid & Safeguarding up to date just incase I need to come back to CMing at any time.:thumbsup: