PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used the obaby side by side triple?

rachelle
09-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Is it impossible to push? Will initially be for 12 month, 8 month and 18 month old....... but am thinking they'll get older and bigger!

SJ35
09-08-2013, 10:18 PM
I had one but have now sold it. It was easy to put up and down and I found it ok to push with three under 2's in it but most of the pavements round here are narrow so it was too big.
Also whenever people park partly on the pavement I just couldn't get through. I have ended up changing one child around so I didn't have three needing the buggy on one day.

X

Carol
09-08-2013, 11:58 PM
I had one but couldn't get into any shops or in some school gates. Got a buggy pod best thing I ever bought

Carol

SwanLake
10-08-2013, 05:58 AM
I had one and surprisingly its not hard to push but the problem is door ways, pathways, inconsiderate car drivers who dont believe in parking on the road but blocking the whole pavement etc. I changed to a buggy pod on a P&T and found that so much easier. x

munch149
10-08-2013, 06:33 AM
Agree with the others I have one and its easy enough to push but is big. I worry about going anywhere with it as I worry whether it will fit. I got stuck in a lift the other day. I mostly use it for the school run. I use a sling and a double for just going from the car into somewhere but day trips depend on where I'm going. Can't afford one of the more expensive triples tho so I don't have alot of choice

moggy
10-08-2013, 10:28 AM
I'd put the 8mth old in a sling and push a double- a Patapum, Ergo or similar non-structures sling can easily carry even a 2yr old, or mei-tai like Babyhawk is so comfortable. Or a structured ruck-sack-type frame carrier if you like them.

It won't be long before the 18mth old can use a buggyboard anyway, so you are probably only looking at 6mths maybe to get through?

I have trouble even with my double Nipper getting past wheelie bins and parked cars on the pavement, no way could I get around with a side-by-side triple, everyone I know who has had one has soon sold it!

rachelle
10-08-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm okay with the pavements etc - I know a side by side fits as borrowed another minders in the past and school gates are fine - we're lucky here, unless it's bin day it's not too bad to get around and it's mostly a flat walk to school. I did ponder the buggy pod but wasn;t sure if it coped with uneven pavements very well - or tantruming children! Sounds as if obaby is useable - thank you :)

jackie 7
10-08-2013, 07:56 PM
I had one and found it hard to push. A wheel broke and they had changed the design. Now got a t3. Love it. Fits everywhere. Also found obaby unwieldy to push around corners.

beachgirl29
10-08-2013, 08:20 PM
I had one and its collecting dust in my shed. Terrible to get around corners and into any shops!

As soon as i could i went to a double and one walking with a buggy board for tired little ones.

jojobell
11-08-2013, 07:01 PM
message to anyone who has attached a buggypod, did you attach this to a already double?? is this posible i have a phill and teds and want to put a buggypod on the side??? dunno if it will work?