PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted checks?

Little_steps
09-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Evening all, it's Friday!:jump for joy:

I'm in the registration process to become a childminder and sent off all forms a few weeks ago.

Anyway, my dbs check on myself and hubby are underway and I had a call from ofsted... I call back thinking yay it's time to book me in for the reg visit but no, they just wanted to know who I did my course with ( I did state it on the form along with date I finished!). I asked where my application was at and was told that there was still quite a few checks to come back such as social services check( which they only just requested) and a reference. Well my dbs check cleared that same day as my call so why are they still waiting for social service checks to come back?

Is it a seperate check then? Do I need to find my local ss and hound them? Do I hound ofsted for progress now in case it's them that's being slow?

Also do they wait for hubby's checks to come back before reg me?

X

mpullen17387
10-08-2013, 06:24 AM
I wouldn't hound them yet.. It can take the whole process from start to finish 6 months, I was an unlucky one.. It took me 8 months, social services reports where severely delayed.. I would just make sure you have everything ready for ofsted while you have the time, good luck though! Xxx

littlebears1009
10-08-2013, 08:02 AM
I sent my application in mid june and was registered mid july and the inspector that came out said it was because i rang every week and was quite eager to get started.
The social serv

littlebears1009
10-08-2013, 08:06 AM
I sent my application in mid june and received my certificate 1st august (about 6 weeks from start to finish)and the inspector that came out said it was because i rang every week and was quite eager to get started.
The social services check took about week and half on mine but it depends on each council. I would just give them a call at the end of each week checking where it is at. When i did sometimes i was told its in a pile ill sort it out now. So it does pay to ring up for progress!
Hopefully wont be too long for you!

moggy
10-08-2013, 10:07 AM
A polite phone call every week helps keep you noticed and there is less chance you will get 'forgotten' or 'lost' in the system. There is no harm, just call for an 'update' and always ask if there is any more you can do, if there is any more info they need etc. SS can take the longest, it was what held mine up, it a separate check.

Little_steps
10-08-2013, 11:00 AM
thank you for clearing that up moggy, I think I will do as suggested and call weekly.

Wish I knew when a rough reg date would be! I guess this is the worst part of the process, waiting! lol.