PDA

View Full Version : Fort Nelson

shortstuff
09-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Hi All

Have any of you that are on the south coast enjoyed time at fort nelson yet?

It is a free venue to get into but apparently they are under review as they dont have enough visitors.

It would be a really sad day if the review wasnt favourable as its great there. You get to look around at will and even here cannons firing. We got to watch a slingshot get fired too.

My point? Please if you can start using it as a venue. There are lots of opportunities for observations and activities. You can even practice semaphore x

For those who havent heard of this place it is just outside Portsmouth on Portsdown Hill Road just by Fareham.

Rick
09-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Hi All

Have any of you that are on the south coast enjoyed time at fort nelson yet?

It is a free venue to get into but apparently they are under review as they dont have enough visitors.

It would be a really sad day if the review wasnt favourable as its great there. You get to look around at will and even here cannons firing. We got to watch a slingshot get fired too.

My point? Please if you can start using it as a venue. There are lots of opportunities for observations and activities. You can even practice semaphore x

For those who havent heard of this place it is just outside Portsmouth on Portsdown Hill Road just by Fareham.

Yes I'm originally from Portsmouth and you can see it from pretty much anywhere as Portsmouth is flat! Went there quite a long time ago. Did my driving lessons over that hill.....some nice hill starts!

shortstuff
09-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Yes I'm originally from Portsmouth and you can see it from pretty much anywhere as Portsmouth is flat! Went there quite a long time ago. Did my driving lessons over that hill.....some nice hill starts!

Oooh hill starts lol I bet they were fun up there x

It would be a big shame if they either had to start charging or close x

Im from southampton originally so havent moved far.

kel1983
09-08-2013, 03:34 PM
We love Fort Nelson. Have been quite a few times but unfortunately at the moment have too many to fit in the car :(

The children love the tunnels underneath and the older ones are interested in the cannons etc.

It would be a shame if they had to close. I remember last time we went it said free but asked for a donation if you felt you enjoyed your day there. We did give them a donation but I suspect a lot of people don't. Just a couple of quid would be some help to them

shortstuff
09-08-2013, 04:14 PM
maybe we should meet next time and have a giggle x