PDA

View Full Version : Mindee's favourite meal?

SarahJellybean
09-08-2013, 09:50 AM
I am revamping my rolling menu so would like to add in some new ideas... What is the meal that goes down well with all your little ones?

mrs robbie williams
09-08-2013, 10:08 AM
I only have a 2 yr old that stays for dinner he likes anything with mash or pasta :)

kellib
09-08-2013, 10:15 AM
My 3 year old mindee loves tuna pasta or scrambled eggs. Sausages are a massive favourite too.

My 19 month mindee eats anything you give her but she especially loves the days we have haggis & mash!

Bumble Beez
09-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Spaghetti bolognese is always a favourite :)
Bangers and mash, omelettes and homemade pizza too.

Sarah x

doris127
09-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Fajitas, fish pie and sweet and sour chicken are favourites here

hectors house
09-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Anything with pasta - spag bol, lasagne, tuna, sweetcorn & broccoli pasta bake

Roast chicken dinners, lamb tagine (but they turn their nose up at beef stew - although it is really tender)

Going to try chicken enchiladas for lunch today - but will relent and do scrambled egg & tinned spaghetti if the little one really doesn't like it - it is the really mild family one - but not to everyones taste.

maisiemog
09-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Here it's sausages, pasta, noodles and roast dinner! They liked the casserole i made the other day as well!

charlottenash
09-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Dumplings, cheesy pasta, macaroni cheese with hidden veg ;), a Turkish food called Sarma that I make, they look like green sausages and packed with veg rice and meat - kids love them!

Jiorjiina
09-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Hummus and pitta bread, for a snack.

Dippy eggs and toast soldiers (we have to collect them from our chickens first, so they especially love that bit), Paella (without prawns for the tinies), any kind of fish.

starschildmind
09-08-2013, 12:34 PM
I am revamping my rolling menu so would like to add in some new ideas... What is the meal that goes down well with all your little ones?

I hate thinking about meals.. but going to do the same. Then once its done.. its done for a few months and dont have to think about it :)

I will plan a winter menu now so things like

Shepards pie, sausage goulash ( my kids love that) chicken curry they love. I also got a chicken tonight spanish chicken and rice.. they loved that!!! Sausage, mash veg and yorkshire puddings. Pasta. Spag bol. Pie, mash and veg. Toad in the hole...

★ xx

donna porter
09-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Mine all have there own faves but pasta is always popular!

hectors house
09-08-2013, 12:41 PM
I hate thinking about meals.. but going to do the same. Then once its done.. its done for a few months and dont have to think about it :)

I will plan a winter menu now so things like

Shepards pie, sausage goulash ( my kids love that) chicken curry they love. I also got a chicken tonight spanish chicken and rice.. they loved that!!! Sausage, mash veg and yorkshire puddings. Pasta. Spag bol. Pie, mash and veg. Toad in the hole...

★ xx

I don't write out a menu - half the time I don't know what we are eating until the day - mindees get it the next day - I could e-mail parents and say Today (Monday) I am having beef stew for tea - your child is eating that tomorrow! That is as much notice as I can give them. No-one seems to mind - I don't have any child more than 3 days a week so just make sure they don't get pasta or rice twice in their week.

SarahJellybean
11-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Thanks everyone, lots of good ideas.

Here is my final summer list:
Week One:

Jacket Potatoes with various fillings
Sausages, Potato Wedges and Vegetables
Lasagne with Garlic Bread
Butternut Squash Risotto
Salmon,New Potatoes and Corn on the Cob

Week Two:

Chicken Drumsticks, Potato Wedges and Corn on the Cob
Spaghetti Bolognese with Garlic Bread
Fish with New Potatoes, Vegetables and Parley Sauce
Home Made Pizza and Salad

Week Three:

Chilli Con Carne and Rice
Bacon and Pea Risotto
Chicken Fajitas
Fish Pie with Vegetables

Week Four:

Chicken Kiev, New Potatoes and Vegetables
Fish with Crispy Potato Slices and Vegetables
Tuna Pasta Bake
Sweet and Sour Pork with Rice
Beef Burgers and Salad

Sound Alright?

hectors house
11-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Thanks everyone, lots of good ideas.

Here is my final summer list:
Week One:

Lasagne with Garlic Bread
Butternut Squash Risotto
Salmon,New Potatoes and Corn on the Cob

Week Two:

Chicken Drumsticks, Potato Wedges and Corn on the Cob
Spaghetti Bolognese with Garlic Bread
Fish with New Potatoes, Vegetables and Parley Sauce
Home Made Pizza and Salad

Week Three:

Chilli Con Carne and Rice
Bacon and Pea Risotto
Chicken Fajitas
Fish Pie with Vegetables

Week Four:

Chicken Kiev, New Potatoes and Vegetables
Fish with Crispy Potato Slices and Vegetables
Tuna Pasta Bake
Sweet and Sour Pork with Rice
Beef Burgers and Salad

Sound Alright?

Sounds great - week 3 you have rice 2 days in a row and how about trying your mindees with cous cous one day instead of potatoes - I don't think I could ever be organised enough to do a menu? :D

loocyloo
11-08-2013, 06:17 PM
I do a menu but it is always 'subject to change' !! I do it on the Friday for the following week. I start by looking at what is happening that week, like a late pick up, or all schoolies going to swimming lessons after mine, so needing a light but filling, sustaining tea ( aka PASTA! ) etc and then I go through the week putting a variety of meat/fish & veggie meals, along with variety of potato/rice/pasta/couscous/bulgar wheat and hopefully it all balances out! ( also taking into account particular likes & dislikes )

mine all love spaghetti Bolognese, chicken korma, roasts and current favourite is hot quiche!

bindy
11-08-2013, 08:07 PM
I do a weekly menu, I know what I am buying from the shops and don't run out and save money too by not buying stuff that gets binned. My kids are really good at eating veg and fruit. I make sure they get a good selection but only food they like to eat. I offer a least two different veg a day and 2 different fruits. The kids love roast dinners, fried rice with mixed veg, fish pie, spag bog, shepherds pie, home made chicken pie, in the winter will have home made soup. Then of course, fish fingers, chicken dippers! I always make my own chips which the kids love! Oh the list goes on.....

SarahJellybean
11-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Sounds great - week 3 you have rice 2 days in a row and how about trying your mindees with cous cous one day instead of potatoes - I don't think I could ever be organised enough to do a menu? :D

Thanks, will swap the rice days over :-) And I wouldn't wish cous cous on anyone! :p

SarahJellybean
11-08-2013, 09:42 PM
I do a menu but it is always 'subject to change' !! I do it on the Friday for the following week. I start by looking at what is happening that week, like a late pick up, or all schoolies going to swimming lessons after mine, so needing a light but filling, sustaining tea ( aka PASTA! ) etc and then I go through the week putting a variety of meat/fish & veggie meals, along with variety of potato/rice/pasta/couscous/bulgar wheat and hopefully it all balances out! ( also taking into account particular likes & dislikes )

mine all love spaghetti Bolognese, chicken korma, roasts and current favourite is hot quiche!

Mine is "subject to change" too, just like to know what we are having so I can do my shopping list :-)