PDA

View Full Version : Lovely parents :)

Mrsh3103
09-08-2013, 08:38 AM
Last night I told one mum that her ds had eaten loads & he might not want too much at tea time.

She turned up today with a massive bag full of fruit, bread, bread sticks & a few treats for me :)

I include food in my price.

We only really talk about the parents who give us grief (me included) it'd be nice to hear from the rest of you about the lovely parents you have :)

charlottenash
09-08-2013, 08:53 AM
I charge for food but still get a mum who turns up at the beginning of the week having emptied her fridge of baby items (her child eats all meals here throughout the week). I get all sorts of lovely things and all mindees benefit. She often brings cakes as a treat too which is lovely!

KaicosMummy
09-08-2013, 08:59 AM
My parents also bring in food to share with all the children. Another lovely thing they all tend to do is bring in clothes that their child has grown out of and then tell me to hand it down to other smaller mindees, the same with toys. Its like a swap shop in my hallway sometimes :-)

Mouse
09-08-2013, 09:00 AM
I have to say, most of my parents/carers are lovely. They don't give me much to moan about!

I had one turn up a few weeks ago with a box of printer paper, the old sort with the perforations down the side. Her dad had found it in his shed and was going to throw it out. She brought it for me, saying she was sure we'd use it.

I also have a family who regularly bring me things from their allotment.

Another family looked after 2 of my own children when I had a funeral to go to. The mum was so excited about picking them up from school and giving them tea. She said it was nice to be able to do something for me for a change.

It does make you feel good when you know they're thinking about you :D

ziggy
09-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Yes i have lovely parents too, just the odd problem along the way.

One parent gave me bottle of wine for potty training her child :clapping:, then last week another bottle from their holiday.

They all bring own food and often add a little treat for me, not easy to refuse even though i'm on slimming world:laughing:

jax clinch
09-08-2013, 09:20 AM
I am very fortunate to have lovely parents too. One parent gave me £15 to buy all the children ice creams....another parent brings in baking they have done..... One parent pays within an hour of getting the invoice.....and the same parent paid me double the invoice amount because she said I deserved more than I'd invoiced!!!

kellib
09-08-2013, 10:17 AM
I have one parent who bought me a lovely plant and a bottle of wine just because it had been a year since her girls first started coming to me.

They aren't even full time, they only come once every fortnight!

Bumble Beez
09-08-2013, 10:23 AM
I had a mum who used to buy me a big bunch of flowers every now and again, just because she wanted to :)

I also had a mum bring me two bottles of wine before the school holidays as she knew I'd been feeling a little low... This was accompanied by a bunch if flowers and a big cuddle :)

I'm very lucky with all my families to be fair...most are wonderful.

Sarah x

ajc
09-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Mine are lovely, this week I told one mum that she'd overpaid by a day and she said she didn't mind because I'm always paying to take them out. My term time ones always give me presents at the end of each term and one dad brings flowers when he buys them for his wife just for no reason really which I find very sweet.

hectors house
09-08-2013, 11:07 AM
My parents also bring in food to share with all the children. Another lovely thing they all tend to do is bring in clothes that their child has grown out of and then tell me to hand it down to other smaller mindees, the same with toys. Its like a swap shop in my hallway sometimes :-)

Same here - I still regularly see mindees in clothes that belonged to mindee who left 2 years ago as the clothes I pass on all come back to be passed on again! Sometimes mindees will turn up with cakes they have made at home at the weekend and sometimes with a punnet of strawberries that need to be eaten quickly.

caz3007
09-08-2013, 11:31 AM
I cant complain about any I have had over the years. Always paid on time, and treated me with respect. My current full time mummy took me out for my birthday and when we were off on holiday turned up with my money, a finest meal deal with wine and £10 spending for my son. She has also turned up with wine to say thank you as I am extremely flexible as that's what she needs.

My other regular one who is term time only turned up with a lovely thank you card and a bottle of wine for me. Actually think its been a tough week and will crack that open tonight

donna porter
09-08-2013, 12:44 PM
As much as I have a difficult mindee, all my parents are lovely and easy to work with. They're really appreciative if the care I give. :-)

shortstuff
09-08-2013, 01:58 PM
one of my mums bakes me a loaf of bread at least once a week x also for my birthday I got a full set of jewellery from her.

When ds had chicken pox she insisted on paying me for the 3rd week she kept LO home too as she said it wasnt fair on me.

She is always recommending me to other parents too and has helped 5 more children join my setting. That is just the one I call my perfect mum x I am lucky enough to have other brill parents too x