PDA

View Full Version : Parent lost job, how soon will they lose tax credits for childcare?

AgentTink
09-08-2013, 07:51 AM
One of my parents is in a horrible situation with work and is basically being bullied to either to come to hearing where she will be sacked or hand in her notice. I have already put her in touch with CAB and other useful companies to try to fight it.

However in the meantime it really looks like by next week she will have no choice but to hand her notice in, to prevent being sacked. What she was wondering is, do tax credits pay for a few weeks of childcare once she has left, as she will need to be applying for new jobs and going for interviews or does it stop the day she leaves her job? Also she gets paid weekly and knows her pay will stop the day she hands in notice, so obviously i understand that if her tax credits stop she will not be able to afford my notice period, which i will just waive for her if she gets no support from tax credits.

Mouse
09-08-2013, 08:00 AM
I have a feeling she can still get tax credits for upto 4 weeks.

She'd be best to phone them and ask.

pipandbaz
09-08-2013, 08:07 AM
4 weeks but she must inform them

AgentTink
09-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Thanks guys i thought i had read this somewhere, i will get her to give them a call once she knows what she is doing :thumbsup: