PDA

View Full Version : PLI: is your LA asking for a higher level of cover?

Simona
09-08-2013, 07:36 AM
I have posted this in the Pacey section of the forum but I feel that many cms may not look there if they are not members.

As I am due to renew my m'ship and PLI
It appears I have the option to raise my cover to £10,000,000...I have always ensured for £5,000,000

Pacey have explained the higher level appears to be a 'condition' imposed by some LAs on cms if:
1. they belong to a network
2. look after children with complex needs (this MAY include disadvantaged 2 year olds)
3. the cms are working in partnership with the LA (this bit is unclear)

Can you share if this condition has been imposed on you by your LA and why?

Thank you

Bambini2
15-08-2013, 07:16 AM
I have posted this in the Pacey section of the forum but I feel that many cms may not look there if they are not members.

As I am due to renew my m'ship and PLI
It appears I have the option to raise my cover to £10,000,000...I have always ensured for £5,000,000

Pacey have explained the higher level appears to be a 'condition' imposed by some LAs on cms if:
1. they belong to a network
2. look after children with complex needs (this MAY include disadvantaged 2 year olds)
3. the cms are working in partnership with the LA (this bit is unclear)

Can you share if this condition has been imposed on you by your LA and why?

Thank you

If they have I am not aware of it. Will look through my paperwork and see if i can find anything about this in my provider pack from Somerset County council.

Bambini2
15-08-2013, 07:49 AM
All I can find is :
"Section 6
16 all providers must be able to demonstrate that they have the appropriate insurances in place,for example, public liability insurance."

JCrakers
15-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Mine hasn't mentioned anything to me

Simona
15-08-2013, 08:23 AM
I have spoken to M Michel, PLA and pacey's insurance depts. ...cms do not require a higher level of PLI...so if you have not been asked you do not need it and a £5,000,000 cover is all we need.
All 3 have it in place if cms need it and want to top up the premium

Some LAs are requesting it...if yours starts asking then we can deal with it, it is just another condition

I am cross, however, that no one pointed this out to cms but we are warned now...I spotted it on my renewal and questioned it.

sarah707
16-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Thank you for sorting that one out Simona! Let's hope LAs don't put any other barriers in place for us :(

Simona
16-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Thank you for sorting that one out Simona! Let's hope LAs don't put any other barriers in place for us :(

Not sure I have Sarah....but tried my very best!!!
I also informed that lady at the DfE that it was another conditions some cms were facing...not sure DfE cares one jot judging by the reply I got!!