PDA

View Full Version : Children numbers

Littleglees
09-08-2013, 07:16 AM
HELP, lol I think im going mad with the number of children I can have.

Ive just had a mum phone for school run care am and pm for her twins, just walking to school and after school for about 40 minutes, they will be in reception so aged 4-5 can I assist if I already have 2 reception school runs ?

Ive read the ofsted guidance and it says " Childminders may also care for more children in the early years group if the children are aged 4 and 5 and attend other provision for a normal school day and/or the school holidays".

FussyElmo
09-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Once they are in full time education yes. So if the school is doing a staggered intake then during this period they are not classed as a rising 5.

Once in full time - yes they are classed a rising 5 and you are fine taking them on as long as it doesn't take you over your 6 under 8 :D

Littleglees
09-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Thank you, they are staggering but luckily all parents have the time off :-) xx

Mouse
09-08-2013, 07:56 AM
You are usually registered for a maximum of 6 children under 8. Of these 6 no more than 3 can be in the early years age group (that is until 31st Aug following their 5th birthday). But, if 4 and 5 year old children are in full time education you can count them as being out of the early years age group.

In your situation, the children are still in the EY age group, but assuming they will be in full time school, you can count them as being it out of it.

You can have 4 reception children, but will only be able to have 2 more younger children at the same time. Your own children have to be included in your numbers if they are under 8.

Littleglees
09-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Yes they will all be in reception and wont be here in holidays, maybe inset days.

Thank you xx

Mouse
09-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Yes they will all be in reception and wont be here in holidays, maybe inset days.

Thank you xx

That's good then. The only time it would limit you would be term time and the odd inset day when you'd only be able to have 2 pre-school children at the same time, rather than the usual 3.