PDA

View Full Version : Parental responsibility

sarah707
09-08-2013, 06:58 AM
Do you ask every family about who has parental responsibility for their child?

It is a legal requirement to ask this question (EYFS requirement 3.71) and it should be on either your contract or the child’s information form.

If parents do not understand the question you can direct them to this website for more information -
https://www.gov.uk/parental-rights-responsibilities/what-is-parental-responsibility

Hth :D

Bumble Beez
09-08-2013, 07:29 AM
I do...it's always on one of the forms they fill in before I take the child on.

I've never had anyone question it, but the link will be saved just in case it ever does cause a problem...thank you Sarah xx

Sarah x

AliceK
09-08-2013, 07:47 AM
I do...it's always on one of the forms they fill in before I take the child on.

I've never had anyone question it, but the link will be saved just in case it ever does cause a problem...thank you Sarah xx

Sarah x

Same here, I have a sheet asking for this info which I include as part of the paperwork that needs completing before a child starts with me.

xxx

lilac_dragon
09-08-2013, 08:24 AM
So do I.
los parents separated recently and I'm having trouble convincing one parent that just because lo spends more time with one parent than the other doesn't mean that they get all the parental responsibility and the other parent gets zilch. They want me to stop letting other parent see los records and progress! Both parents bring and collect to my house so both see everything I do.