PDA

View Full Version : child coming to childminder instead of reception

Tazmin68
09-08-2013, 06:53 AM
Hi
Advice please a parent has contacted me. Just moved to area cannot get a reception place for child coming to me until sorted . Is child entitled to thev3/4 year old 15 hours place.

AliceK
09-08-2013, 06:57 AM
I think they are. My DS's friends brother didn't get a place at our local school so went on the waiting list and remained using his 15hrs free funding at the schools nursery until a space became available for him in reception year.

xxxx

Goatgirl
09-08-2013, 06:57 AM
Hi :),
Yes they get the funding until they reach the legal age they have to be in full time education, which I forget, but is sometime after their 5th birthday........

Best thing is just to ring whoever deals with your ey funding and confirm :thumbsup:

JulieA
09-08-2013, 07:14 AM
I also think you can, but the child must be in school when they are five.

Goatgirl
09-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Looked it up as it was bugging me - I used to know this stuff as I home educated my own children! ...but have an appalling memory :laughing:

Compulsory school age is the start of the term following a child's 5th birthday (see link below), but obviously this doesn't necessarily fit with individual schools' 'procedures' which for the most part encourage full time formal education any time from the beginning of the school year during which a child turns 5.

Compulsory School Age - Legal | Bathnes (http://www.bathnes.gov.uk/services/schools-colleges-and-learning/support-parentscarers-educational/children-missing-educatio-y)

Hope this clarifies :thumbsup:

Tazmin68
09-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Hi

I managed to get through to our EEE team ( early years education entitlement team and have found out that the child can gain access to the 15 hours funding for the autumn term only as they expect the child to have started a reception class somewhere by January.

Tazmin68
09-08-2013, 03:09 PM
I have now had email saying that i was given wrong information and that child cannot have any funding parent just has to apply direct to schools and wait.

AliceK
09-08-2013, 03:11 PM
When is the child 5?
xx

Tazmin68
09-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Child is 5 end of September.