PDA

View Full Version : Care plans for school kids

Mikiec
08-08-2013, 09:38 PM
I'm struggling with the care plans we need to do for my after school children. Can anyone give me any pointers on these?
What should I be including?
What are the SCSWIS looking for?
I'm really struggling with this. Under 5's isn't a problem!
Thanks in advance!!

Mikiec
09-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Can anyone help? X

hectors house
09-08-2013, 11:18 AM
I haven't heard of these - are you in Scotland?

Maybe re-title your post "Help from Scottish minders required" to make sure you get the correct advice.

Mikiec
09-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Sorry still trying to get the hang of this. I thought id posted the thread under the SCSWIS heading?

Bumble Beez
09-08-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm in England...by care plan do you mean the medical kind? Such as epilepsy or asthma? Or do you mean care plan as in planning on what activities to do with that particular child...

If its the former, this link may help...

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/paperwork-policies-procedures-permissions-forms-contracts-booklets/81016-care-plan.html

If its the latter, I use a simple template of what activities the schoolies have on offer when we get home or during the holidays...

Sarah x

Mikiec
09-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Hiya. No we have to provide SCSWIS with evidence of a care plan so like a personal development plan?
So for pre school children that's fine as you have all the usual developmental milestones for the competences such as cognitive development or social and emotional well being.
I'm finding it really difficult with the school kids. We are required to do a plan for any child who is in your care for more than 2 hours a day.

hectors house
09-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Sorry still trying to get the hang of this. I thought id posted the thread under the SCSWIS heading?

Yes you had posted under SCSWIS heading but lots of people are lazy like me and just look at "New Posts" so that may explain why so many people had viewed your post but not replied. It wasn't until you pointed it out that I looked at where the thread had been posted - otherwise I wouldn't have asked if you were in Scotland :blush:

Hopefully someone will help you soon :thumbsup:

Mikiec
09-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I don't know of I'm explaining this very well!!!

Mikiec
09-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Aw thanks hectors house! I'm still new to all this so I thought I'd managed to muck it up somehow lol x

Bumble Beez
09-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Oh I see now...

Bear with me, I've got a site I use for development for older kids...I'll find the site and out a link on.

Then maybe link your weekly plans to the development areas...

Sarah x

Bumble Beez
09-08-2013, 11:43 AM
http://www.babycenter.com/big-kid

I used this site to help with my NVQ I did...it gives milestone examples for 5-9 year olds...does that help at all?

Sarah x

Bumble Beez
09-08-2013, 11:46 AM
This was the other one I used...down the left side of the page you can select the age range required :)

http://www.education.com/topic/child-developmental-milestones/

Sarah x

Mikiec
09-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Sarah you are a complete star. These are perfect. Thank you very much.
Michelle X

Bumble Beez
09-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Sarah you are a complete star. These are perfect. Thank you very much.
Michelle X

Lol....you're welcome...not often I hear that I'm a star ;)

Sarah x

Babycat
12-08-2013, 10:06 PM
The care plan in Scotland doesn't just mean the milestones or to a specific illness or condition. The SCSWIS keep referring to the care plan but its more about gauging achievement both with you and at home and what the parent wishes you to work on. You also have to include next steps and date this. Also giving parents a space for input before signing it off. I have this information in a few places.

Home made contracts- detailing name address, emergency contacts, medical details, conditions, permissions as well as all the contracted hours costs etc

I then have my - 'care plan' that lists all our correspondence between me and parent, and observations I do on child, what next steps are, whats required of my service and an OTHER box which allows me to put in details of achieving the goals etc

I also have a 3 monthly progress card, 1 I write what we worked on and what we will be working on, next the parent writes what they working on and what they doing next, next the kids box to do same and lastly what the parent wants me to work on.

This is the best I Could condense mine to. But seems to appease their requests and generally looks at development, achievements milestones and voices my opinions and that of the service user(s)

Just my two cents. No idea why the SCSWIS are being so secretive about what they actually want.

Mikiec
02-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Thanks Babycat. I'm working on an assumption its to involve milestones from a copy of a nursery care plan I have for a mindee who came from a nursery which mum kindly let me borrow.
I've managed to knock something together but I'm going to an SCMA network night next week on care plans do hoping that will shed some light on it too.
Thanks again
M x

scottishlass
02-09-2013, 01:32 PM
I have just stumbled across the thread and am in Scotland too. I only have 1 school aged mindee and in their care plan I just have the all about me, permission forms, photographs etc but I don't do any development stuff or obs like I do for my wee ones - didn't realise we are meant too!! Although it wasn't mentioned at my inspection this month tho! Xx