PDA

View Full Version : Childs teeth crumbling!!!

donna porter
08-08-2013, 08:49 AM
My 5 year old mindee was dropped off this morning and her mum told me she was eating a sweet (chewit) and her tooth just crumbled !!!! She already has one tooth missing due to an abscess and holes in the other teeth and they are all brown and slimy looking. She hardly eats and gets sooo much junk at home .

The best part is her mum is a dental nurse!!!! :-/

TooEarlyForGin?
08-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Beggars belief. No advice really, is it worth trying to talk to mum? Do you have her much, can you try and encourage her to do it at yours, buy her a little toothbrush.

donna porter
08-08-2013, 11:30 AM
From what her mum tells me she brushes her teeth fine. I think it's down to her diet. She eats very little and at home she just gets rubbish! I don't suppose I was looking for advice but just sharing my frustration.

TooEarlyForGin?
08-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Poor thing, surely her mum must know this can also have a major effect on her 2nd set too.

caz3007
08-08-2013, 12:56 PM
I had a LO like this and it was probably because her mum had a virus when she was pregnant or was it anti biotics, one or the other :laughing: It was a few years ago and my memory isn't what it used to be

bindy
08-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I looked after a little girl who was given very strong antibiotics has a baby to save her life. She has teeth like that too, its a side affect, also made her deaf. This sounds a different situation though, shame on mum that's all I can say, she should know better!

georginawrigley
08-08-2013, 04:45 PM
My little girl and boy have this problem and I wanted to know why, as they brush twice a day with high flouride toothpaste, oral b electric toothbrush and usex mouthwash.the dentist told me it was because I was so poorly with sickness whilst pregnant and that its quite common for their first teeth to go that way.x

donna porter
08-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Interesting! I was thinking today how this wee girl is so tired all the time and has such a small appetite. Suggested to her mummy that she gets checked out by the dr. Wether she does or not I don't know . She seems quite run down to me.

TooEarlyForGin?
08-08-2013, 05:19 PM
My little girl and boy have this problem and I wanted to know why, as they brush twice a day with high flouride toothpaste, oral b electric toothbrush and usex mouthwash.the dentist told me it was because I was so poorly with sickness whilst pregnant and that its quite common for their first teeth to go that way.x

Yes, my daughter also had a lack of calcium which meant her teeth were very brittle and had to have two removed, BUT it meant we were extra careful in what she ate and drank to minimise the problem. Bringing her in eating sweets for breakfast surely doesn't help.