PDA

View Full Version : Would you do this

Angela234
07-08-2013, 06:23 PM
My son has a mate at work looking for childcare for his 1 year old and 4 year old but only for 3 hours on a Thurs pm
Would you do this?
I might be tempted as its 2 children but the 4 year will go to school soon
would I need to do a full LJ I would do a simple one but it can't be too detailed as child would hardly be here
Work is very thin here I just have 1 doing 2 days and 1 doing 3 days and 2 grandchildren no enquiries since early feb that was school run I couldn't/don't do.
Are any of you doing just 3 hours

Angela

blue bear
07-08-2013, 06:27 PM
My little girl who did 3 hours a week for four years has gone to school and I will just have her holidays ad hoc now, her learning journal was very slim as she wasn't here as much as others.

I tend to just take whatever work comes and other parents fill in around each other, I've worked full time for the last sixteen years but have only ever taken on one full time child at time of signing contracts.

Rick
07-08-2013, 06:33 PM
My son has a mate at work looking for childcare for his 1 year old and 4 year old but only for 3 hours on a Thurs pm
Would you do this?
I might be tempted as its 2 children but the 4 year will go to school soon
would I need to do a full LJ I would do a simple one but it can't be too detailed as child would hardly be here
Work is very thin here I just have 1 doing 2 days and 1 doing 3 days and 2 grandchildren no enquiries since early feb that was school run I couldn't/don't do.
Are any of you doing just 3 hours

Angela

Perhaps you could do a simple one and combine with a daily diary. You could do an occasional obs and assessment but whatever you do should show progression in the child

funemnx
07-08-2013, 06:41 PM
I would take the work and just do a simple version of LJ with occasional photos of the various things they play with. Sometimes these little jobs turn out to be more - a little girl I have started out 5 hours a week over 2 days when she was a baby. She then came 3 full days a week and now 3 full days in the holidays which suits me fine :thumbsup:

Rick
07-08-2013, 06:47 PM
I would take the work and just do a simple version of LJ with occasional photos of the various things they play with. Sometimes these little jobs turn out to be more - a little girl I have started out 5 hours a week over 2 days when she was a baby. She then came 3 full days a week and now 3 full days in the holidays which suits me fine :thumbsup:

Very true. 2 x 4 hour days turned into 3 x 8 hour days :thumbsup:

Rachel23
07-08-2013, 07:40 PM
I agree too I had one after school only once a week that how now turned into 4 days before & after school plus.... Sibling who was in nursery is now with me 3.5 days a week (half day they and my ds go to to nursery) and during holidays I have both children 4 days a week! It might not seem much now but it may turn into more and being flexible with minimum hours will only work in your favour wen it comes to word of mouth x