PDA

View Full Version : Wall colours...

Bumble Beez
07-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Ok...so my whole ground level is used for childminding and I've just decided that we are going to redecorate...

A the moment we have two different shades of grey...lol sounds like the book...darker under the dado rail, lighter above, with grey sofas and fuchsia pink cushions.

I would like to repaint in the same colours as I feel it works well...however before I do I would like some input.

I was considering a feature wall...in fuchsia pink maybe? Or patterned wallpaper?

Needs to work with minding, so not white :laughing:

Help appreciated :)

Sarah x

beckygrey
07-08-2013, 07:34 PM
We've not long done our living room bottom half wallpaper top half paint my own twins who are 22 months have ripped the wallpaper little monkeys but will admit it does look nice, I need to decorate my whole downstairs before I start childminding as I have a little Picasso who likes to draw on the walls lol washable paint I think
That probably don't help you at all im just waffling lol x

maisiemog
07-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Ok...so my whole ground level is used for childminding and I've just decided that we are going to redecorate...

A the moment we have two different shades of grey...lol sounds like the book...darker under the dado rail, lighter above, with grey sofas and fuchsia pink cushions.

I would like to repaint in the same colours as I feel it works well...however before I do I would like some input.

I was considering a feature wall...in fuchsia pink maybe? Or patterned wallpaper?

Needs to work with minding, so not white :laughing:

Help appreciated :)

Sarah x

This is almost identical to our dining room. It's light grey on top, darker below and we have a black and silver wallpaper on the chimney breast with black spotted oilcloth on the table. It's my fave room in the house and every visitor we have comments on it!

And it's practical for minding as its dark!

Bumble Beez
08-08-2013, 12:52 PM
So I'm still thinking that grey would work well...

It doesn't show the handprints, scuffs etc like other colours would...but I fancy a change :doh:

I don't want to go neutrals again cos sofas are grey, table and chairs are black...maybe just a repaint for now and look at just having a feature wall...

I like these from Wilkinsons...

Am I mad thinking about wallpaper with mindees?! Urgh it's toooo hard :(

Sarah x

maisiemog
08-08-2013, 03:27 PM
No! It makes the room and it is your home at the same time! I love our feature wall! It's also wallpaper from wilko. I will take a photo of it later and upload it if I can figure out how! It's been up about 6mths now and not a single scuff or mark so far!

Mrsh3103
08-08-2013, 03:39 PM
I have a wallpapered feature wall. No problems so far :)
It's textured and green with white flowers. Mindees love tracing their fingers over the stems :) I've got one lo who will sit for ages stroking it :)

AliceK
08-08-2013, 04:04 PM
I have a feature wall with wallpaper very much like the 2nd sample you showed, in my playroom (it used to be a dining room). I dread the day a mindee starts to rip a piece off it but so far so good.

xxxx

Chatterbox Childcare
08-08-2013, 04:08 PM
I would go for whatever you like if it is your living area - I don't think the fact that you are minding should come into it - apart from white as your suggested but if you paint use a washable paint.

My play room is a bright green and orange but I wouldn't dream of putting this in the rest of the house. It is our home after all :)

Goatgirl
08-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Don't know if the link will work, but I googled feature wall in google images....

Six ways to create a feature wall (http://www.housetohome.co.uk/articles/six-ways-to-create-a-feature-wall_395571.html)

some great ideas and I really like the floral wilko wallpaper :) you posted.

Bumble Beez
09-08-2013, 05:16 AM
Don't know if the link will work, but I googled feature wall in google images....

Six ways to create a feature wall (http://www.housetohome.co.uk/articles/six-ways-to-create-a-feature-wall_395571.html)

some great ideas and I really like the floral wilko wallpaper :) you posted.

Ooh that's fab...thanks...
Hubby like the floral one too (shocking) so looks like that may be in the running...
Can't wait to get started now :D

Sarah x