View Full Version : advice needed

07-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Hello All!
I'm currently on extended maternity leave, although still registered with Ofsted. I've been approached by FIS about a family who need childcare for their daughter. The father is going to call me back tomorrow, and I need to make a decision whether or not to take on the contract. I'm feeling a bit out of the loop with childminding, having been away from work for nearly a year now, and with two small children of my own I don't have the time to check some facts so I'm hoping someone will just know and can tell me! The girl I'm being asked to care for is 13, so I don't need to worry about EYFS. I know I will need to renew my first aid certificate in October, and get insurance. What is the protocol for Child Protection now? Is there anything else that I will need to pay for or any other training I need to complete or update?
Thanks for any help you can provide. :)

07-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Just done a very quick google search, and read that I don't need to be registered to care for over 8s? Is that right?
Feel very silly, I should know all this!

07-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Actually your insurance should still be running as even if you are not minding it is supposed to be continued.
Are your cp and food hygiene up to date.