PDA

View Full Version : New baby

Katy M
07-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Hi

One of my parents has just told me she is expecting another baby. I look after her LO two days a week and she goes to nursery one day, because I only had two days available at the time. She is going to take 12 months maternity but wants her LO to keep coming to me while she's on maternity and then both children come after she starts work again. All sounds great! Except I have just found out I am pregnant!!!

My question is this...
With my new baby and her two children I will have my 3 under 5. But I also look after a two year old on the same days. Will I be able to have them all back after my maternity with my new baby and her 12 month old??

Thanks Guys:)

Chuffed about being pregnant with number three BTW:clapping:

Tazmin68
07-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Yes
As long as you risk assess as it will be under continuity of care.

donna porter
07-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Congratulations!!!!! Sorry , no useful advice tho as rules are different in Northern Ireland. :-)

Bumble Beez
07-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Wow...huge congratulations :clapping:

And the way I read the guidelines, yes you can have the four LO's but just make sure you risk asses and don't over do it :)

Sarah x

Kirsty90
07-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Sorry to crash your post but I'm in a bit of a similar situation. I've just had a baby & I'm going back to work in a few weeks & all the children I looked after before going on maternity leave want to come back? Can I do this? Some days it would mean having 4 under 5 including my little girl. Also one of the Los mums is pregnant and wants me to still have him 2 days a week whilst she's on maternity leave & then have both of them when she returns to work next year. Would I be allowed to do this? It could mean I have 5 under 3 maybe 1 or 2 days a week or am I better off getting an assistant?

Thanks

Kirsty x

Kirsty90
07-08-2013, 02:34 PM
& a huge congratulations on your pregnancy :-) Heidi's my first but I love being a mummy! Xx

Tazmin68
07-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Hi
Again it would still be classed as continuity of childcare so as long as risk assess and you are fine taking on so many it would be ok.
I would draw the line at 4 but that is my choice
Deb
Congrats