PDA

View Full Version : help with Vouchers and tax credits plz??

emmadines
10-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Hi I’m hopping I’m gonna get the right as it is a lil bit confusing.

I’ve been approached by a mum requesting my services for her two boys, one 6the other 4. Both will be at school, obviously the 4 year old is just starting, I gather that they would fall into my "under 8's category"

The main question at the mo, her 3rd child is at full time nursery and she uses the busy bee's vouchers (or they equivalent). She is a single mum so will need/want help funding childcare for her older 2 before and after school. Will the tax credits help her or won’t they due to these vouchers (hope this is making sense??)

any help will be great!!

xxx

cloud9
10-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Hi I’m hopping I’m gonna get the right as it is a lil bit confusing.

I’ve been approached by a mum requesting my services for her two boys, one 6the other 4. Both will be at school, obviously the 4 year old is just starting, I gather that they would fall into my "under 8's category"

The main question at the mo, her 3rd child is at full time nursery and she uses the busy bee's vouchers (or they equivalent). She is a single mum so will need/want help funding childcare for her older 2 before and after school. Will the tax credits help her or won’t they due to these vouchers (hope this is making sense??)

any help will be great!!

xxx

Yes she will still be entitled to get help from tax credits because the busy bee's vouchers work on a salary sacrifice scheme (basically you save on tax). She just need to call the inland revenue and tell them her income and her weekly childcare costs and they will sort it out from there.

Hope this helps

sarah707
10-07-2008, 04:59 PM
You can pass on this website to her - it will help her find out :D

http://payingforchildcare.org.uk/

emmadines
10-07-2008, 07:22 PM
thankyou will pass it on xx

angeldelight
11-07-2008, 07:01 AM
Good luck hope you get the children

Angel xx