PDA

View Full Version : Where do i start to find mindees?

Izzy 88
06-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Hiya, I have my pre reg visit next tues and wanted to know how you all went about getting your first children in!? I have one child already of my own who is 8 months and am pregnant again currently (due in March 14). I know this limits things as to havin under 1's but where did your first mindees come from? Thanks

moggy
06-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Hiya, I have my pre reg visit next tues and wanted to know how you all went about getting your first children in!? I have one child already of my own who is 8 months and am pregnant again currently (due in March 14). I know this limits things as to havin under 1's but where did your first mindees come from? Thanks

There were lots of ideas on this thread:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/starting-childminding-pre-registration-visits/122314-new-business.html#post1284647

Rick
06-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Hi and welcome :waving:

Certainly websites like childcare.co.uk are a very good place to start. You can create a free profile and have a look for potential parents around your postcode. You can also have a sneaky peek at how other childminders are charging to set your fees accordingly.

I also googled 'childminder' and tried to get myself on every website on the first page. My theory is, this is what parents will do!

You can do leaflet drops and advertise at local toddler groups and post offices etc.

The BEST way of attracting new mindees is to get yourself known in the local community by going to toddler groups, community events etc. Get handing out your cards and chatting to potential parents. Get to know as many people as you can because parents are more likely to use a childminder who they know and trust. Even if they don't need a childminder, they might be able to recommend you to someone who does.

Good luck with your pre-reg and finding mindees and don't forget to come back and tell us how you got on :thumbsup: