PDA

View Full Version : Parent visits

Karen1
06-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Just wondered how much prep time you all give to a potential parent visiting?

And if you have any tips, I am nervous each time. I have nursery and childcare experience, so know the job etc, but I'm not sure this is coming across. I play with the child when they are here, and talk with the parent and am relaxed as possible. I know I can do the job.

How long do you find parents take to get back to you, or do they not bother generally? It's just that if they all say yes, the I won't be able to fit them all in! Should I chase them all up again! Don't want to be pushy or sound desperate!

This is my fifth visit from a parent.

Each time I have cleaned the whole place through and all tided and sorted.
Printed off a parents booklet for them.
Portfolio out etc.
Toys out for child to play.

Parent 1- signed up
Parent 2- still sorting work days and not heard back (3 weeks ago)
Parent 3- wanting ad hoc care from sept, not yet heard back(2 weeks ago)
Parent 4- wanting term time from sept- not heard back.(1 week ago).
Parent 5- visit wed
Parent 6 visit thur

Any tips would be great? Tia

moggy
06-08-2013, 04:46 PM
I always send a follow up email after a visit- it was great to meet you and (child), how you think she/he would fit in well or some personal comment, then explain that you have several enquiries at the moment so it you wish to secure a place please can you let me know as soon as possible, if you have any more questions or would like a second visit then please do get in touch etc etc.

They may be seeing other CMs and can't decide yet, they may be time wasters, no harm in a polite message to check they realise you are waiting to hear.

As for all coming at once, it is first come first served- WITH the DEPOSIT here! Whether they were the first or last to contact you it is only signed contracts and deposit that count. Of course you can always tell the others you are about to fill one of your last vacancies and if they still are interested in a place they should contact you as soon as possible.

Karen1
06-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Thanks for that.

I think I will send a follow up email to them all. Least then I can be sure that I have covered it all. Just need to get into the flow of running a business.

Karen1
06-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Right, I have just tried to write an email to chase up a visit as post below. But how to word it..

Dear xxx

It was lovely to meet you both the other day. I am just following up from your visit to check you have all the information you need regarding care. If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Xx

??????...?????????

Any other info, or should I word it differently.
Tia

charlottenash
06-08-2013, 08:43 PM
I would put something like:

'Good morning/afternoon/evening,

It was lovely to meet you and 'child's name' last week'. I hope I answered all of your questions. I know how daunting finding childcare can be, so if any other questions pop up, please do let me know.

I currently have other potential parents coming to visit, and therefore would appreciate a response once you have made your decision. I know how important a decision that is for you and your family.

All the best.

Your name.

Karen1
07-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Thanks have sent all my follow up emails with personal comment from meetings.

One reply so far saying, thanks but I've sorted it! Well thanks! Least I'm not waiting and not knowing now.

My visit today went well, felt more relaxed. Hope they say yes.

Another visit tomorrow morn, hope that goes well too.

Got another lady visiting next week for care from jan. but if everyone says yes I won't be able to do it.

blue bear
07-08-2013, 04:34 PM
I always say "please let me know what you decide to do as soon as you have decided on childcare, but until I hear from you and we sign contracts I will consider the place open and will be interviewing other families"