PDA

View Full Version : Stranded on the motorway but still ended up smiling

dette
06-08-2013, 09:25 AM
We have just had a fabulous 2 week break in dorset and south wales (Me DH and our 5 youngest children) On the way home on sunday we set off from wales at 9am and headed to Cadbury world then headed home to Cumbria .We were an hour from home on the M6 when our windscreen wipers failed in heavy rain !!! we crawled into the services (luckily only 5miles away)and called AA.Unfortunatly for us we drive a massive balamory school bus so it took ages to sort out collecting us so we were stranded in Tebay services at 9 oclock at night for 4 hours !!!!
We were sat in a café that was closed and had it virtually to ourselves .My kids started to rearrange the furniture and lined up a load of chairs and square foot stools and made a huge aeroplane .The spent ages working out how to arrange the chairs and then took "flights" to loads of places with me and DH as passengers.
There was an oldish couple having a cuppa and a sit and they kept looking over.I told my lot to keep the noise down and they carried on playing.When they got up to leave the lady came over and said "Your kids are great .Its so nice to see kids playing and using imagination instead of having their heads stuck in a computer" :):):):):)
ONE VERY PROUD MAMMY !!!!
:) We got home at 2am yesterday morning and first mindee arrived at 9 !! I could do with a holiday LOL

AliceK
06-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Oh my, it sounds like a nightmare and you coped admirably. Well done you and your children.
I had a Ford Galaxy and the windscreen wipers used to fail intermittently. Never did get to the bottom of it, was a right pain. The first time it happened we were on our way to the hospital in Oxford with DD, I was with Green Flag and they refused to come out to us :angry:. Needless to say I cancelled my membership with them very quickly. I used to dare not go out if rain was due.
xxx

Daisy De
06-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Sounds very stressful but you seemed to go with the flow well :D

I'm just wondering how you are managing to stay awake?

sarah707
06-08-2013, 05:00 PM
crikey that could have been stressful!! It sounds like you were well looked after I have to say Tebay is one of my favourite services :D

dette
06-08-2013, 05:48 PM
crikey that could have been stressful!! It sounds like you were well looked after I have to say Tebay is one of my favourite services :D

i used to like it myself but after 4 hr there i didn't like it half as much lol.
4 years ago the same thing happened 15mile from tebay and me and half the kids were picked up from the hardshoulder in the dark put in taxi and shipped there that time too.for about 3 hours so i can honestly say its not my favourite.It was like groundhog day

dette
06-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Sounds very stressful but you seemed to go with the flow well :D

I'm just wondering how you are managing to stay awake?

I'm barely awake .early night tonight I think

karen m
07-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Tebay is a lovely stop off place , many a tea and cake in there on the road up to Scotland and on the way back home