PDA

View Full Version : how do funded places work ??

adele1985
06-08-2013, 07:33 AM
I went for a meeting last night to find out more about providing funded places it all went well and I should be getting a phone call today to see if I qualified

they did ask if I had any questions but I couldn't think of any at the time - I have over night so I thought id post on here for anyone who has experience of providing funded places

what activities do you provide for funded children to ensure they are meeting their targets?

how does the funding work - does the council or government pay you instead of the parents?

I have a parent who is interested in her child staying with me rather than starting nursery (half days) in September how would this work (I charge £30 a day - if the child was going to nursery this would still be what I would charge as id be taking her and collecting her from nursery and looking after her until 6)

lol my head is hurting now just thinking about it

Simona
06-08-2013, 07:38 AM
If you look under Independent Cms thread on this forum there are lots of posts on this subject

You do not provide any activities that are different for a funded child...you simply get the funding from your LA

JCrakers
06-08-2013, 07:46 AM
Im in Leics and offer the funding. The rate of pay is £3.49 so its 1p under my rate. The council pay termly but I get half first then the other half at the end of the term. So for the autumn term I will get an initial payment around mid Sept and the rest in Dec.
I'm not allowed to charge parents the extra 1p so have to make up the loss elsewhere. I could charge for meals but chose to just ask for £1 per week to cover a toddler group.

I dont have to do any extra activities as I already do them. Just working to EYFS :D

Parents can have 15hrs a week so if the little girl stays with you then the council pays you for the 15hrs and then you bill the parent for any extra hours

adele1985
06-08-2013, 07:57 AM
thanks for the advice :)

still a bit confused tho ... lol sorry think im having a blonde day :blush:

I don't charge hourly I charge for sessions

does that mean I would charge the parent

£7 for before school and £20 for the afternoon session???

Simona
06-08-2013, 06:42 PM
From the total weekly hours your child attends you cannot charge for 15 as your LA will fund you...any hours above 15 you charge your normal rate

It may be worth you reflecting if charging per session will complicate your finances but you could change this to reflect the fact you are now taking 'funded' children

Great to hear some cms are losing so little per hour...sad for those who lose almost 50%...not easy to make up the loss there....and appalling that some LAs think we can sustain our business on such low funding!

Tazmin68
06-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Because my hourly rate is 3.00 and 3/4 year old funding rate is 3.52 i am better off.
Deb

Simona
06-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Because my hourly rate is 3.00 and 3/4 year old funding rate is 3.52 i am better off.
Deb

Halleluhia!! one LA who thinks their providers are worth a bit more...it just show how crazy the situation is across LAs!

linzi133
06-08-2013, 08:46 PM
My hourly rate is £4 per hour. For 2yr olds the hourly rate this year has been around £5.
I do live in what is classed as a highly deprived area with a high instance of SEN which bumps up the payment.

However for 3/4 yr olds it has averaged at around 3.25-3.50 per hour.

Tazmin68
07-08-2013, 06:12 AM
If a child who qualifies for 3/4 funding and also live in deprived area there is a top up that is sent to provider. 2 year funding is £4.85 and as we know some of these two year olds need extra help. Yes my rate is £3 per hour but that is one of the lowest rates the majority of minders in my area are around the £3.25-£4 per hour. I find it easier to be able to offer an hourly rate as well as a daily rate with the minimum of four hours so parents can pay which ever is lowest.