PDA

View Full Version : Evidence!

Nicola Carlyle
05-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Ok so if you have a new child starting your setting and pare td tell you they haves arming difficulties and or medical conditions do you need to see proof if this or do you take patents word as gospel? X

Nicola Carlyle
05-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Sorry this should read do you take Parents word as gospel or do you need proof if there are any learning difficulties or medical needs/issues and if so how do you get it? x

sarah707
06-08-2013, 06:25 AM
I work with parents and take their word for it - I have 20+ years of experience working with young children - and lots of info in books and online - I'd know if they weren't telling me the truth.

If you are unsure ask parents in for a meeting and talk through your concerns. Hugs x

Bumble Beez
06-08-2013, 06:26 AM
If there is learning difficulties that have already been addressed then you should be able to work alongside the other professionals who are offering this family help...so you can ask to speak to them in regards to planning for this particular child.
If there is medical problems, then again there will be records of it and any medication that I am required to give to the child should have their name on the packaging otherwise I wouldn't give it.
So yes take the parents word for it, and also get it recorded onto a form...either child record form or in the all about me type booklet.

Sarah x

maisiemog
06-08-2013, 07:21 AM
Agree with both. If they have a LD they will be under medical care and should have an action plan and care plan in place for anybody involved in their care.

Plus you would know that they have issues as soon as you get to know the child and start caring for them. Although I can't see any reason for a parent to lie about their child having issues. In my experience its usually the opposite. Parents tell me there are no issues and there are!

Nicola Carlyle
06-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Should I have a copy of the care plan?