PDA

View Full Version : Offering 2year old space and the grant

Jodie1989
05-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Hello,

I have been minding a 2 year old who is funded by the council, in January when I started I received a £250 grant, after 7 months I have decided not to offer funded hours as I lose too much through the holidays. Now after 7 whole months they want the grant back.. Is this right? Otherwise I say it was a 'loan'

Look forward to hearing from you.

AgentTink
05-08-2013, 08:52 PM
You would have to check the terms of your grant. Here when they were recently offering grants the conditions stated If the provider ceases to operate, or moves outside the designated target are, within one year of the date of the agreement, Local Authority Officers must be notified immediately. The group will either return the equipment purchased through the grant or reimburse full cost of grant paid.

Simona
05-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Very interesting...was the grant just for 'funded 2 year olds' or any 2 year olds?...in other words if you get a baby will you keep him/her past their 2nd birthday?

Yes the loss is great as thy only attend 38 weeks of the year...then if they stay past 2 years of age the funding drops too much
Having fought for the equality to draw funding ....it certainly has a price!!

Chatterbox Childcare
06-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Our grants have conditions but they have never asked for it back - not yet anyway

Tazmin68
06-08-2013, 05:53 PM
We are allowed to stretch the entitlement over a longer period of time to cover holidays exactly for this reason.

pinklady756
06-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Grants from out LA have conditions, start up was £250 and repayable if you stop minding within a year. Same applies to the grant towards the level 3 diploma I did last year.

You'll need to check the small print.