PDA

View Full Version : on- call whilst at Nursery

candy cat
05-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Just after opinions really.....If you take mindee to and from nursery and charge whilst they are there....do you class yourself as on- call or not? Thanks

sprinkles
05-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Yes, but I wouldn't collect an ill child. It's more for if there's an emergency and the nursery has to close. If you charge while they're at nursery you can't fill that space with someone else because they are paying for that time so entitled to use it if needed.

I only charge while at nursery if I do both drop off and collection.

Bumble Beez
06-08-2013, 06:19 AM
Yes and no...

By charging during time at nursery the space is there for the family to use when the nursery is closed...so if it was to close in an emergency, yes...
If the child was to become ill then I wouldn't collect...so no...

Sarah x

Chatterbox Childcare
06-08-2013, 09:13 AM
A lot of my parents work a good hour away so I would collect child if ill and ask parents to meet at my house. It would be the same if the child fell ill when with me. I wouldn't want an ill child sat in a stuffy room with other children noisly running around.

Daisy De
06-08-2013, 12:16 PM
I would collect if I was charging for the time while they were there. However, when this did happen over sickness they phoned Mum as, like them, they knew I wouldn't want to have lo if he was being sick. I only knew after the event.

jax clinch
06-08-2013, 12:27 PM
I don't charge whilst they are at pre school but would collect if need be until the parents could get to me.

candy cat
06-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Thanks everyone :0)