PDA

View Full Version : Started the Childminding Course today!

amylouise867
05-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Hey all,
Did my first session today of the childminding course.
Out of the 10 people only 8 showed and out of the 8 only 1 other person along with myself had attended the briefing session?!?! (I thought you couldn't do the course without attending the briefing?! - apparently not!)

Anyway was at a lovely venue and teachers are great too.

Enjoyed it!! Not so much the drive there and back as the venue was an hour and a half drive from where I live- not even in the same authority as me which I thought was strange.

Today was mainly about Ofsted and the different registers etc.

Also looked at the 3 learning styles which I've looked at before and think its a great way to start -to get to know and understand the children you care for.
Think it's a great foundation to then go on & plan for them.

One thing I did learn today was that the CRB checks (I know they're called something different since July but can't quite think of the letters now lol) it's initially £52 a person to get a check done but DID YOU KNOW - that instead of renewing this every 3 years - and paying another £52 you can pay £13 a year and have a rolling CRB cover... Which is alot better!! As works out at only £39 over 3 years.

Here's to tomorrow - hope there's more new things to learn tomorrow as with my experience in education everything they've covered today I already knew :( - know working in a school is totally different to childminding in your own home but as my journey into this has been so far I'm already familiar with a lot of it.

Anyways.... That's been my day :)

Hope you've all had a good one :) xx

Bumble Beez
05-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Ahh sounds like you've had a great day :)

It's a nice feeling when you finally get started isn't it?!

Didn't know about the CRB or DBS check that you can do on a rolling check...will have to look into that later.

Hope tomorrow goes well too...you'll be up and running in no time Hun x

Sarah x

amylouise867
05-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Ahh sounds like you've had a great day :)

It's a nice feeling when you finally get started isn't it?!

Didn't know about the CRB or DBS check that you can do on a rolling check...will have to look into that later.

Hope tomorrow goes well too...you'll be up and running in no time Hun x

Sarah x

Yes it is really and it's given more more enthusiasm again.

Met some nice people there today.

Thanks hun really appreciate it!!

Its abit if a headache trying to get your head around all the legal things and the policies/business side of it. Hoping the cover policies etc over the next two days.

Thanks again lovely :)

Oh and yes that's what the teacher said about the checks. Defo worth checking out! She said that's what she does xx

Bumble Beez
06-08-2013, 04:48 AM
The legal side can be baffling to begin with but it does become easier...I put on another post that its now got to the stage where I just 'know' stuff!
Sounds silly, but it just happens that way!

But I am constantly learning and realising new things too....which is why this forum is a god send :)

Have a lovely day again today Hun x

Sarah x