PDA

View Full Version : @home childcare releases costs on website to get their on-going support

AgentTink
05-08-2013, 04:03 PM
@home childcare has now released it fee's which i assume they will be charging for their part of their pilot that they are doing for the government. They are not offering the full agency criteria yet as you would still need to be individually inspected by ofsted and there is no talk of getting you clients.

£40 a month for
SAM also provides the following:

Regular SAM contact via home visits, email, telephone and peer group meetings,
EYFS training & support
Ofsted compliance support
Business support such as HMRC compliance, marketing, book keeping and finance
Parental engagement and support
Career progression advice
And, simply, being a listening ear when you need someone to be around

@Home Childcare - Support, Advice & Mentoring (SAM) (http://www.athomechildcare.co.uk/index.php/support-for-childminders/underpinning-core-services/support-advice-mentoring)

There is also packages for new childminders, which includes CYPOP5 and other such support
Option 1 £599
or
Option 2 £299 (however introductory offer of £199) as long as you obtain funding from the government to do a Level 2/3 with them (this is where they make their money)

@Home Childcare - How Much Does It Cost?
(http://www.athomechildcare.co.uk/index.php/support-for-childminders/how-much-does-it-cost)
(http://www.athomechildcare.co.uk/index.php/support-for-childminders/how-much-does-it-cost)

CLL
05-08-2013, 04:21 PM
£40 a month and they offer 'help'. I thought the idea was that they did everything bar looking after the children. A lot of money for a lot of rubbish.

wendywu
05-08-2013, 04:23 PM
40 pounds a month for not a lot , i thought all we had to do was look after the children :panic:

hectors house
05-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Sounds just the same as we used to get for FREE from development officer before she was made redundant - I always found the forum more help anyway so guess I will carry on and stay independent.

Mouse
05-08-2013, 04:43 PM
That's quite encouraging - the cms I know who I think would be interested in an agency aren't going to want to pay £40 a month for that. They're wanting to end their individual Ofsted inspections. They're not going to pay £40 a month and still have to have an inspection!

SYLVIA
05-08-2013, 05:32 PM
£40 a month doesn't sound a lot but I feel I'd still be paying for something I don't need and not really gaining anything

miffy
05-08-2013, 05:36 PM
I see the word "support" is used a lot - well I get a lot of "support" here and I don't have to pay for it :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

FussyElmo
05-08-2013, 05:43 PM
£40 a month for something you get free from the forum :rolleyes: now let think about this.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................er thanks but NO thanks :thumbsup:

Simona
05-08-2013, 05:52 PM
CPD £15 pm = £180 per annum
SAM (support + advice + mentoring)£40 pm =£480 I would call this peer-to-peer support
Total £660

CPD+SAM as a package = £600 (save £60)

something is missing....where is the cost for training such as First Aid or Child Protection?

Have I missed it?

tulip0803
05-08-2013, 07:57 PM
CPD £15 pm = £180 per annum
SAM (support + advice + mentoring)£40 pm =£480 I would call this peer-to-peer support
Total £660

CPD+SAM as a package = £600 (save £60)

something is missing....where is the cost for training such as First Aid or Child Protection?

Have I missed it?

@Home Childcare - Training & CPD (http://www.athomechildcare.co.uk/index.php/support-for-childminders/underpinning-core-services/training-cpd)

"Our training and CPD can be **funded through our Development Programme route or purchased through our Pick 'n' Mix services and paid for monthly.

Our CPD training includes:

Our CPD Training Includes
Line - Medium
Tick box 3 EYFS topics e.g. observations & progress checks
Tick box 3 Practical play topics
Tick box 3 Child Development topics
Tick box 3 Safeguarding/Health & Safety topics
Tick box 3 Paediatric First Aid
Tick box 3 Food Hygiene
Tick box 3 Childminder pre-registration training i.e. CYPOP5 (included in our Starter package) "

Hmmmm

Gem wright
05-08-2013, 08:31 PM
I know things could and do change, but I feel that all on offer I already receive for free. I get support from my coordinator and other early years staff linked with Surestart. Support from other minders and this forum and by using groups at Surestart and joining in with them.
My only niggle and the one thing that draws me to consider the agency is the training. Training via the tado is so spars and a big moan about all training being in the day and c/ms can't attend because of the 2hour rule even if we have assistants. But looking at the training on offer by the agency it is pretty much what I could do anyway, or don't mind paying a one of fee for rather then £40 per month every month.

I don't see any many positives to using an agency, heard they do all paperwork too allowing us to be with the child more, but isn't the paperwork part of the job? I don't mind doing it just like changing a pooy nappy, it's part of the job. Lol.

But I'm open to consider using one and be convinced they could benefit us.

Simona
05-08-2013, 08:33 PM
I missed all that but have now found it...thank you for posting it though

I have been exchanging tweets with @Home Childcare since this morning!!
They say
'Cms who attended the event thought the charges are fair. We are doing things differently'

They certainly are by charging cms for what can be accessed for free!

They added
'cms in their Focus Group (they stole my logo!!) think the cost is reasonable'...do they??

Is £599 as start up fee reasonable? let me get this right ...a new cm can get a grant for £250 from the govt then pays the agency £599?

Oh ...some of their services are 'funded'...I asked who funds them but got no reply

What this agency model looks like to me is a huge NETWORK at a huge cost

I have not seen anything about a contribution to 'inspections'...has anyone?