PDA

View Full Version : I cannot belive what i have just read. So sad that nurseries are becoming like this.

Amandak28
05-08-2013, 12:42 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2384583/Nursery-kids-denied-kiss-cuddle-Rising-numbers-nurseries-ban-physical-contact-stop-paedophilia-accusations.html

karensmart4
05-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Part of the reason I became a cm 12.5 years ago was because the Nursery I worked in had the same 'No Physical Contact' policy.... I believe a child needs a protective arm around them, a cuddle or a snuggle. I hated not being able to comfort a child who was upset or hurt :panic:

Just think what the children will grow up like with people saying 'no I can't give you a cuddle' !!

But I do understand the need to keep children safe from harm :-/

AliceK
05-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Completely ridiculous. All my mindees know that they can get cuddle from me and they very often give me kisses. I have a touch policy which all parents have a copy of. Things are getting completely out of hand with all this, it's the cuddles and random kisses from my LO's that help to make my day.

xxxx

hectors house
05-08-2013, 01:45 PM
I was told that physical contact like cuddles and kisses should be instigated by the mindee for their gratification rather than that of the carer and that kisses should only be on cheeks or head not lips - not easy when they all charge at you for a goodbye kiss, instigated by their parents!

Bumble Beez
05-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Very sad :(

I look after one little boy on a Saturday and he is very affectionate...last time I had him a few weeks ago we were at my eldest DS footie tournament, it was very hot and sticky and I had bought him an ice cream...he found it highly amusing that when he kissed me I ended up with ice cream all over my face, hands arms etc...

But I can also see it from the other perspective of ensuring the children are kept safe...but surely the staff at these nurseries are all checked?

I read one comment on the article where a dad had put 'that's fine with me, why do kids need intimate contact from a stranger when they constantly get hugs and kisses from me and their mummy?' So sad :(

Sarah x