PDA

View Full Version : @HomeChildcare: feedback from their cms event

Simona
05-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Very interesting read
@Home Childcare will be an agency and saying many want agencies
Also saying those in favour need to be heard not shouted down by those who are against

@Home Childcare - Choices for Childminders (http://www.athomechildcare.co.uk/index.php/support-for-childminders/choices-for-childminders)

AgentTink
05-08-2013, 03:42 PM
How vague a responce, all i am interested in is costs and once again those figures have not been mentioned, or how they will get childcare cheaper for parents. What exactly will they offer and for what cost?

I am happy for any childminder to join an agency who feels it would benefit them and their business, so i am quite cross at the comment on there that states some childminders are afraid to voice their opinion that they would like to join for fear of being shouted down by other childminders. My god she makes us sound horrible and unproffessional.

AgentTink
05-08-2013, 03:56 PM
I take back my above comment, i have since found the costs for this compny it makes very interesting reading:

£40 a month for
SAM also provides the following:

Regular SAM contact via home visits, email, telephone and peer group meetings,
EYFS training & support
Ofsted compliance support
Business support such as HMRC compliance, marketing, book keeping and finance
Parental engagement and support
Career progression advice
And, simply, being a listening ear when you need someone to be around

@Home Childcare - Support, Advice & Mentoring (SAM) (http://www.athomechildcare.co.uk/index.php/support-for-childminders/underpinning-core-services/support-advice-mentoring)

There is also packages for new childminders, which includes CYPOP5 and other such support
Option 1 £599
or
Option 2 £299 (however introductory offer of £199) as long as you obtain funding from the government to do a Level 2/3 with them (this is where they make their money)

You would still need to pay money to Ofsted at this stage and go through a individual inspection. Also no talk of helping you get clients like a agency would hope to do in the future.

@Home Childcare - How Much Does It Cost?

(http://www.athomechildcare.co.uk/index.php/support-for-childminders/how-much-does-it-cost)

Simona
05-08-2013, 05:00 PM
My goodness ...this is a very high cost to cms!!

I was tweeting with @HomeChildcare and asked about costs but got no reply

Looks like we were right ...agencies won't be cheap...

sarah707
05-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Crikey that is expensive!! :eek: Nearly £500 a year. I wonder how many people would be able to afford that :(

Simona
05-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Crikey that is expensive!! :eek: Nearly £500 a year. I wonder how many people would be able to afford that :(

It's more than that.....there is another thread on this with some more figures

oxfordshirecm
05-08-2013, 07:47 PM
One question I have about agencies and wasn't sure where to post- but if we are made to go with agencies- what happens to our current families? Do we still stay with them or a family the agency chooses? Can I still work with my assistant. Really wish there was more info around on them

sarah707
05-08-2013, 07:51 PM
One question I have about agencies and wasn't sure where to post- but if we are made to go with agencies- what happens to our current families? Do we still stay with them or a family the agency chooses? Can I still work with my assistant. Really wish there was more info around on them

This is all part of the total stupidity of the situation as it stands at the moment - we simply don't know and it will depend on what 'model' the agency nearest to you chooses to follow :(

smartbear
05-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Well, this really is what you get if you plan a complete reorganisation of something you don't understand in the first place. Truss has not taken the trouble to find out how the existing system works - and worse, has shown the utmost resistance to listening to any information from academics or the sector.

This is basically an exercise in privatisation of the LA role by the back door, and the creation of another profit-making layer simply for the sake of it. They seem very pally with the big nursery chains & give it 5 years that's probably who'll be running & profiting out of agencies.

smartbear
05-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Have sent them this enquiry. Will see what we get!

'Hi - I have a question for you, & I would appreciate a serious answer.

Myself and my partner are childminders. Between us we earn (net) less than 10K pa. We charge the local rate of £3.50 per hour - which includes everything (meals,supplies, activities). We are full.

We are both graduates, I hold EYPS, and we currently get good quality training free of charge from our LA including HMRC workshops. We're accredited to offer FEEE and are currently graded Ofsted Outstanding in all areas.

I would like to know 1. What can agencies offer us? and 2.how does your model envisage our setting being able to fund your fees?

I have to say that while our fees are very low - and sustainability is indeed a question even now - I am aware of areas of the country where fees are even lower. It is a fact that neither quality of provision or qualification can override the local rate.

In essence my question is - what can you offer us?'

Simona
05-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Have sent them this enquiry. Will see what we get!

'Hi - I have a question for you, & I would appreciate a serious answer.

Myself and my partner are childminders. Between us we earn (net) less than 10K pa. We charge the local rate of £3.50 per hour - which includes everything (meals,supplies, activities). We are full.

We are both graduates, I hold EYPS, and we currently get good quality training free of charge from our LA including HMRC workshops. We're accredited to offer FEEE and are currently graded Ofsted Outstanding in all areas.

I would like to know 1. What can agencies offer us? and 2.how does your model envisage our setting being able to fund your fees?

I have to say that while our fees are very low - and sustainability is indeed a question even now - I am aware of areas of the country where fees are even lower. It is a fact that neither quality of provision or qualification can override the local rate.

In essence my question is - what can you offer us?'

Keep us posted when you get a reply...

By the way....Does anyone know where Truss is hiding?