PDA

View Full Version : Play plan as a learning journey?

Npg1
04-08-2013, 09:05 PM
I like the idea of a play plan as seen in the free downloads.

I have 3 children on board, 10mth old (TTO), 22mth old and 19mth old who has just started, I have another one starting in september. Alot of learning journeys to be doing!

Currently I have a seperate planning folder and each child has a big scrapbook as a LJ where I put all the obs and photos etc and make it pretty by mounting on paper first and fancy writing etc etc, this was all well up until I got more children!

Now my idea of putting the play plan in a folder to fill out, one per child. Sticking photos on the pages and I can add pages of extra notes if need be. I can send it home with the child at the end of the week for parents to read and comment.

This would then get rid of my weekly planning folder as I would be doing it in the play plan and the huge scrap books I have. What does everyone think?

Bumble Beez
05-08-2013, 04:51 AM
I'm all for simplifying what we do...as long as we are still doing what we are supposed to be doing!
If its going to make life easier for you then I think it's a good idea...
My LJ's have slowly become less and less fancy simply because of the time it takes however I would love to sit and make all of then pretty...just haven't got the time :(

Sarah x

Npg1
05-08-2013, 06:01 AM
Thanks. I would still be doing all we should be doing, right?!

sarah707
05-08-2013, 06:36 AM
I do my summary assessments over 6 months - during the 6 months I use my play plan every month to record obs, assessments and individual planning, sharing with parents etc...

Then I also have a sheet to cover the child's learning characteristics, a sheet for the child's big next steps (about 4 over the 6 months that I am working on with parents) and a sheet for things that are happening at home called 'all about me now'.

I occasionally - if I think something is worth looking at in more detail - do a focussed observation.

I find this is plenty to show evidence of progress for each child - but not too much in terms of setting myself up to fail :D

Npg1
05-08-2013, 06:51 AM
Ok thanks. Im hoping it will work for me!