PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for nursery activities

handeme
04-08-2013, 01:59 PM
I've got children moving up to doing the half day nursery sessions.

I am wanting ideas of activities to do with them over the summer months to help them prepare further for nursery.

Thank you x

vikiwizz
04-08-2013, 02:07 PM
I think social activities would be something I would focus on to be honest. And helping them use the toilet independently can dressing and undressing themselves

handeme
04-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Thank you.

We are already spot on with that, I was thinking more of a craft activity or story sack etc x

blue bear
04-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Little one took photos of nursery (just outside) and of things we do together (my house plus out and about) and we made a book together, little one narrated and I wrote what he said, things he likes doing, things he could do himself, how he was comforted, extra support he needed what he was looking forward to at nursery. He took the book with him to nursery so he could share with the staff and they also found it useful to talk to him about what he does with me, making links.
It moved onto an all about me project, drawing pictures of himself, a family tree.....

kats
04-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Little one took photos of nursery (just outside) and of things we do together (my house plus out and about) and we made a book together, little one narrated and I wrote what he said, things he likes doing, things he could do himself, how he was comforted, extra support he needed what he was looking forward to at nursery. He took the book with him to nursery so he could share with the staff and they also found it useful to talk to him about what he does with me, making links.
It moved onto an all about me project, drawing pictures of himself, a family tree.....

Thats a lovely idea, might pinch it!! :)

The Juggler
04-08-2013, 10:11 PM
dressing, handwashing (pushing sleeves up), putting on and taking off shoes, sharing, wiping bottom by self - the list is endless.

I also read lots of stories about starting school (if it's a classroom based nursery), talking about worries about what it will be like. I also have a leaflet for parents I prepared advising them how they can prepare their child for nursery by talkign to them and helping them at home. :thumbsup: