PDA

View Full Version : Consultation on tax free childcare coming soon

Simona
04-08-2013, 10:16 AM
The govt will replace the current childcare vouchers with tax free childcare worth £1,200 pa but both parents have to work and high earners get it as well but not stay at home mums

Nothing wrong with the present vouchers system worth £2,914 pa=£243 pm...or £1488=£124 for high earners per working parent except it is not open to self employed parents

I despair if there is anyone at the DfE that can do sums???
BBC News - Childcare voucher scheme: Consultation 'to be announced' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23565469#)

Will the govt listen to this consultation when plans to set a new online system is already under construction and will cost millions£££?

Bumble Beez
04-08-2013, 10:51 AM
That doesn't make any sense...
Why fix it if it isn't broken...
I have two families who pay using voucher scheme and their partners are self employed...so if I read that right then they would lose out? Or have I read that wrong?

Sarah x

adedwards68
04-08-2013, 10:53 AM
I don't understand anything the DofE do. Complete ware if money, again!

Simona
04-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Self employed parents can claim if there is some sort of company involved...don't ask for details but I have a parent like that.

The rules for the new system is that both parents HAVE to work or both lose out
So if dad is at work but mum is at home they lose...hence the fury from 'stay at home mums'...do you remember the lady on Newsnight who gave Truss a run for her money?? she is leading the campaign

It is for less money and many women will lose out...vouchers are a great help....
this govt is totally bonkers and clueless and, of course, this does not take effect until autumn 2015 well after the general election so the tories will campaign on ''we are helping with childcare''...

and pigs will fly!!!

adedwards68
04-08-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with it but why would a stay at home mum need childcare anyway

Simona
04-08-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with it but why would a stay at home mum need childcare anyway

At the moment a stay at home mum would still benefit via the dad working and getting vouchers
In future because if she does not work the family is left out because both parent have to work or get no tax free childcare

The argument is that even if these mums stay at home their children can benefit from EY education...the problem I see is that these families will only take up the 15 free hours...we subsidise them and childcare remains a high cost.

It makes no sense at all...does it to anyone?

Bumble Beez
04-08-2013, 11:56 AM
...do you remember the lady on Newsnight who gave Truss a run for her money?? she is leading the campaign

Oh good...Lets hope her efforts aren't in vain.

Sarah x