PDA

View Full Version : PLA concerned about unfairness of Ofsted inspections

Simona
04-08-2013, 08:20 AM
PLA raises the question of uncertainty over cms inspections which are unclear in the recent response to 'Good provision for all'

I like the bit that says those settings who will be judged 'requires improvement' should actually be 'requires investment' ...spot on PLA!

https://www.pre-school.org.uk/media/press-releases/394/alliance-concern-about-growing-unfairness-of-ofsted-inspections

lilac_dragon
04-08-2013, 08:56 AM
He's definitely hit the nail on the head with that remark.
and
With the withdrawal of funded training, those Childminders with low income are going to struggle with wages, being torn between benefiting their family (which of course is why we work) and paying for training, which of course is necessary for us to do our job.

what would happen if a Childminder was torn between paying the mortgage/rent/food and doing a First Aid Course.It's all very well saying we should budget for these things, but I'm not the only one to have had so little work at times that I would have had to choose one or the other

sarah707
04-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Someone speaking up for childminders! :clapping::clapping:

When are they opening up for childminder members Simona do you know?

I think quite a few of us might want to join PLA if they carry on putting us at the forefront of their press releases like this! :D

Simona
04-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Someone speaking up for childminders! :clapping::clapping:

When are they opening up for childminder members Simona do you know?

I think quite a few of us might want to join PLA if they carry on putting us at the forefront of their press releases like this! :D

Well that has lifted a few spirits Sarah !!!!

In the next issue of Under 5 magazine due out in September they will present their cms package...I understand that is when the full m'ship/insurance starts

I think anyone can subscribe here
https://www.pre-school.org.uk/

Lets keep an eye on this.