PDA

View Full Version : School Holiday only

chels55
10-07-2008, 11:22 AM
I have been asked to look after a little girl during school holidays only, This girl would be taking up a space for under eights question is, would you charge more per hour or would it be better to just do summer hols contract and ask mum to call near to half term (October) and see if i still have a space avaliable and keep renewing contracts

ChocolateChip
10-07-2008, 07:26 PM
I think it depends on your situation, Kerry, and what you want to do.
I have 2 that are term-time only, I don't charge a retainer so I am happy to take on a holiday contract to cover some of the drop in fees from them. But if you have all year contracts then you have to weigh up if it's worth this little one taking up a space.You wouldn't want to lose a before/after school one that you could get more for in the hols for the sake of a few weeks work.
I think you've kind of answered yourself! Take it for now, if you have the space and see how you go in the future.
Hope it works out!
:)

foxy lady
10-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I think it depends on your situation, Kerry, and what you want to do.
I have 2 that are term-time only, I don't charge a retainer so I am happy to take on a holiday contract to cover some of the drop in fees from them. But if you have all year contracts then you have to weigh up if it's worth this little one taking up a space.You wouldn't want to lose a before/after school one that you could get more for in the hols for the sake of a few weeks work.
I think you've kind of answered yourself! Take it for now, if you have the space and see how you go in the future.
Hope it works out!
:)

i think this was a great answer from chocolate chip. wait and see what happens

ChocolateChip
10-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks, Foxy! :blush:
Just trying to help!

chels55
11-07-2008, 06:31 AM
yes thanks.
i will just do short contract and see how i go

angeldelight
11-07-2008, 06:34 AM
Good luck

Angel xx

mrsb
11-07-2008, 05:29 PM
I just take on children if I have the space at the time, all parents are aware of this :)

Good luck :)