PDA

View Full Version : Storing happy land

vals
03-08-2013, 01:01 PM
I am gradually building up a selection of Happy Land sets. The children really like them, so far they haven't broken any of it-I have a couple of children come here that struggle with a lot of things -one has autism-and they are terrible with the way they treat toys. The other day one of them walked on a bead frame and got his ankle trapped in it!
Anyway, my problem is do I keep the happy land in separate sets, or mix it into one big box? Am I being a bit over careful and fussy about keeping it all separate.

lilac_dragon
03-08-2013, 02:00 PM
I mix mine up, some los have favourite pieces that they like to use in different scenarios, I like to mix and match things and not be too strict.

tulip0803
03-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Mine is mixed they use it all together where-ever it is from.

The other day that had an elaborate game going with happyland stuff, a castle from megablocks and a brio train set:thumbsup:

sarah707
03-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Mine is mixed up so children can be creative with it! :D

tashaleee
03-08-2013, 04:32 PM
mine is mixed :thumbsup:

jackie 7
03-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Mine us stored away until I have space to take it out. I have one boy who looks at the toys to see if he can take them apart. He also likes to test their strength by standing or jumping on the toys.

Rick
03-08-2013, 04:36 PM
I have all my happy land people in this Leo man head storage container :D

Storage Head Large Boy: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lego-40321232-Storage-Head-Large/dp/B003NE5L86)

clareelizabeth1
03-08-2013, 04:40 PM
I have no happy land :-(

Amandak28
03-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Mine is all mixed up and kept together. But i do keep it separate from the fisher price equivalent and wooden sets i have.

I the kids wooden storage unit from ikea that have the plastic draws.

Xx

FussyElmo
03-08-2013, 05:07 PM
I have all my happy land people in this Leo man head storage container :D

Storage Head Large Boy: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lego-40321232-Storage-Head-Large/dp/B003NE5L86)

Does that store a lot?

maisiemog
03-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Does that store a lot?

I was going to ask the same. My small world stuff is pretty much all I have left out somewhere that DH moans at now so desperately need storage for that!

Rick
03-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Does that store a lot?

It only stores the actual people and some of the smaller bits like trees etc. but it does mean they're not hanging about the place :laughing:

FizzWizz
03-08-2013, 05:28 PM
I have about 5 sets all stored in a giant plastic tub but vary how it's used, sometimes put whole lot out and sometimes just use one set or the people to combine in messy play trays etc :-)

Rick
03-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Mine are all just mixed up. Sometimes the Queen takes a ride on the ferris wheel or Robin Hood drives the school bus.....it's all good :laughing:

The Juggler
03-08-2013, 05:57 PM
i had all the people (mixed ones- happy land, little tykes) in one box then when I had sets of smallworld out I got all the people out with each - my school children set has been to space, the zoo, the farm, to school and visited the princesses castle - lol!

Rachel23
03-08-2013, 06:09 PM
I have the ikea red,blue and green 1,2,3 storage boxes and have all my people (little people,happy land and others I've collected along the way) all mixed in one box, I then have another ones for characters, animals, dinosaurs, mini beasts.
I have labelled them all with photograph tags but my mindee's love mixing and matching them in the games they are playing, the larger items that come in the happy land sets are all kept in a large wicker box so that they can get out which pieces they want to play with
X

bunyip
03-08-2013, 09:21 PM
One big box for everything, plus one tiny wee box for all the s0dd1ng doors that keep falling off. :rolleyes:

FussyElmo
03-08-2013, 09:25 PM
It only stores the actual people and some of the smaller bits like trees etc. but it does mean they're not hanging about the place :laughing:

What I think Im looking for is a tardis toybox then for my happyland. One little box that just holds all of it even the bits I have shoved into the loft :laughing::laughing:

Anyone know of such a box :D

Mrs Scrubbit
03-08-2013, 09:25 PM
One big box for everything, plus one tiny wee box for all the s0dd1ng doors that keep falling off. :rolleyes:

Same here! xx

bunyip
03-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Ever since they put the little Paralympian in the athletics track set last year, I've been popping into ELC to ask when they'll have little wheelchair ramp conversion sets available to make all the shops, doctors' surgery, school, etc. DDA*-compliant. Those big plastic doorsteps are totally discriminatory. :rolleyes:

* Disability Discrimination Act.

vals
03-08-2013, 09:40 PM
doors coming off -yes I have one of those, funny how the rest is so well made. I don't have many sets, but managed to get a nice second hand farm last week which has been very popular. The theme park set is still in my room -I am scared they will break it - been childminding for 18 years and this year I have the most destructive children I have ever had. Maybe I will get some of it out and see what happens -I want to play with it.

Rick
03-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Ever since they put the little Paralympian in the athletics track set last year, I've been popping into ELC to ask when they'll have little wheelchair ramp conversion sets available to make all the shops, doctors' surgery, school, etc. DDA*-compliant. Those big plastic doorsteps are totally discriminatory. :rolleyes:

* Disability Discrimination Act.

I have been slightly concerned about the perception of my wheelchair bound happyland figure that doesn't fit in any of the vehicles or fairground rides despite having a hole in the bottom indicating it should fit somewhere :rolleyes:

CLL
04-08-2013, 07:40 AM
I have loads of happy land. I keep it in a huge plastic storage box. My lo's are only babies but they like to ring the door bells and chew the people's heads!! I keep it separate but only because there is so much, once it is emptied on the floor it mixes with everything else.

samb
04-08-2013, 07:58 PM
I have little people. I have a storage cupboard and it all lives on the top shelf. There's 2 large ikea trofast boxes up there - 1 has items to go with animal based sets (zoo, farm, Noah's ark, stable and petting zoo) and another has bits to go with people and vehicle based sets (train, Xmas shops, parks, house, fire station) then all the large bits are stacked up on the shelves. I mostly get them out in sets to go with themes or interests. Sometimes I have it all out but to be honest they don't play with it as much if I do that. And when we are finished with it we sort it back into the "right" places. I think I may have issues! Lol

smurfette
04-08-2013, 09:10 PM
I have little people. I have a storage cupboard and it all lives on the top shelf. There's 2 large ikea trofast boxes up there - 1 has items to go with animal based sets (zoo, farm, Noah's ark, stable and petting zoo) and another has bits to go with people and vehicle based sets (train, Xmas shops, parks, house, fire station) then all the large bits are stacked up on the shelves. I mostly get them out in sets to go with themes or interests. Sometimes I have it all out but to be honest they don't play with it as much if I do that. And when we are finished with it we sort it back into the "right" places. I think I may have issues! Lol

MMm trofast!! Want more happy land and more ikea storage ,
Think I have a bit of a problem too!

Amandak28
04-08-2013, 09:31 PM
I love trofast too! Maybe we should start a group for Ikea Anonymous lol

kimnolan87
04-08-2013, 09:45 PM
I have no happy land yet but really, really eerrm the children would really, really love some ;) xxx

ziggy
05-08-2013, 08:01 AM
I have quite alot of happy land, bought most on ebay when i first registered.

All the track is in a large box, then animals, people, vehicles and buildings all in seperate boxes.

We sometimes have it all out or just mix and match.

oh and we have train set in another box

hectors house
05-08-2013, 08:36 AM
I have quite alot of happy land, bought most on ebay when i first registered.

All the track is in a large box, then animals, people, vehicles and buildings all in seperate boxes.

We sometimes have it all out or just mix and match.

oh and we have train set in another box

I do the same, track all in big storage box and then animals, people & vehicles in another smaller box but buildings just have to be stored on the shelf. I sometimes find the little ones just can't help breaking up the tracks so sometimes just get out the vehicle etc box with some buildings.